1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Editing Custom User Fields

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Chi Bearhawks, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Chi Bearhawks

Chi Bearhawks Member

I have a dropdown user field that will have more options added to it in the near future. The thing is, I need this list to stay in alphabetical order, so I have two questions:

1) Is there a way for me to reorder the options, without editing the entire table below it?

2) Where are these selectable options stored at in the database? I was trying to get a look at how they work to answer this question, but I couldn't see them at a glance. If I do change the entire table options around for a user field, will that mess up anyone's selections? I know in the past, I've seen the data stored a certain way that could change a user's selection based on whatever changes I made, as an Admin, to the order.

Basically, if I have dropdown options of:

and decide to change these options to

will things be ok? I don't want the site to be like, "This user had option 3 selected originally, so their profile says Red. But now that they still have option 3 selected, their profile now says Green".

EDIT: Nevermind I assume the options can be reordered in any way, as long as they keep the same field value?
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013