XF 1.2 Editing Custom User Fields

I have a dropdown user field that will have more options added to it in the near future. The thing is, I need this list to stay in alphabetical order, so I have two questions:

1) Is there a way for me to reorder the options, without editing the entire table below it?

2) Where are these selectable options stored at in the database? I was trying to get a look at how they work to answer this question, but I couldn't see them at a glance. If I do change the entire table options around for a user field, will that mess up anyone's selections? I know in the past, I've seen the data stored a certain way that could change a user's selection based on whatever changes I made, as an Admin, to the order.

Basically, if I have dropdown options of:

Blue
Green
Red

and decide to change these options to

Blue
Purple
Green
Yellow
Red

will things be ok? I don't want the site to be like, "This user had option 3 selected originally, so their profile says Red. But now that they still have option 3 selected, their profile now says Green".

EDIT: Nevermind I assume the options can be reordered in any way, as long as they keep the same field value?

Last edited:
Top Bottom