1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Edited/Changed User Group Title: Won't display @ member's avatar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by xbanker, Apr 21, 2016.

1. xbanker

xbanker Member

Have dutifully looked in the manual, and done forum search, looking for solution. No joy.

- Made desired change. Clicked SAVE USER GROUP.
    - New title shows, as expected, on list of USER GROUPS.
    - Check affected member's EDIT USER page; the changed USER GROUP title appears as expected under SECONDARY USER GROUPS. Its box is checked as it was before change, as expected.
    - For good measure, clicked SAVE USER on member's EDIT USER page.
    - Go into general forum. Look at member's avatar. Badge beneath avatar image still showing the old USER GROUP title. No change. Grrr!

If relevant:

- forum has Xenique custom style (know I'll have to seek help @ Resources if this the culprit)
    - EDIT USER GROUP page, nothing in USER NAME CSS box
    - existing USER GROUP TITLE format: xxxxxxx xxx. Desired new title: xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx.
    - tried shorter version of new title, just in case too many characters is problem; no joy.
    - XF 1.1.2

No doubt solution is simple. Apparently, I am too. ;)

Thanks to anyone who can help.

EDIT TO ADD: Occurs to me, might it be that appropriate CRON job has to run before desired title change takes hold?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Running such an old version, we'd really recommend you upgrade.

However, this might be a display style priority issue. Is the group that you want the title to be displayed from the highest styling priority? If so, try rebuilding the user caches.