Edit user join date

Tim

Any way to edit a users join date? If not, will a users profile have more information that can be edited from the admincp?

I have an issue with my join date being the date that I set-up my xF test forum, it didn't import the real date from the vB 4 database (and I know the importer is for vB 3). I guess I'm used to vB and how much of a users profile you could edit.

You have a CPanel server which has phpmyadmin preinstalled. Login to your CPanel (the hosting control panel provided by your host). Click the phpmyadmin link. On the phpmyadmin page select your database on the left. Then click the SQL tab on the top. Paste the query into there and run it.

OK it's good there is a workaround. But for those of us who only ever use PHPMyAdmin to set up the database, it's a daunting job to tackle it for anything else. Plus what if we mess something up o the database? Plus why do we have to go outside XF in order to manage tasks in XF?

I quite often need to edit the join date because some members don't move through induction on my project fast enough - they're not just doing the forum but a whole lot else, or I'm too busy to set up their forum account on the day they join us. But we rely on that record to calculate fees and various other implications of the membership.

Clearly a call for a mod.

I'm quite taken aback that this isn't on the admin side of a user profile. Oh dear.

Hi

I would like to change the registration /joined date of many user in one step. All those users have a registration date of 01.01.1970. This is because of a very old import from another forum software into vbulletin. Now I import from vb into xf and would like to change all those wrong dates into something more logical like 14.1.2003.

How can I do this in phpmyadmin?

Hi

I would like to change the registration /joined date of many user in one step. All those users have a registration date of 01.01.1970. This is because of a very old import from another forum software into vbulletin. Now I import from vb into xf and would like to change all those wrong dates into something more logical like 14.1.2003.

How can I do this in phpmyadmin?

That would be a timestamp of 0. This query should work:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET register_date = UNIX_TIMESTAMP('yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00')
WHERE register_date = 0

That would be a timestamp of 0. This query should work:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET register_date = UNIX_TIMESTAMP('yyyy-mm-dd 00:00:00')
WHERE register_date = 0

Thanks, I will try that later on as soon as all imports are finished. I just started the real import of the first of several vb imports. Will take around 6-8 hours I guess. Kind of exciting :)

waindigo did a little addon for me that made the Join date an editable field on the front of the user account in admin.
If anyone wants it ask waindigo about it.

Hi

this is strange. I used the code

Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET register_date = UNIX_TIMESTAMP('yyyy-mm-dd 2003:01:14')
WHERE register_date = 0

after I imported 2 vb forums successfully. The joined date was then correct in the userprofiles.

Now I imported more vb forums and the joined dates of the same users have been again on 1970. But when I now try to use the same code in SQL, it does not work anymore- It sais 0 users are affected of the search.

What did I do wrong?

Top Bottom