Fixed Edit title tab order works in Mac Firefox, but not Chrome or FF on Windows

rebelde

For a moderator or administrator editing a thread title in a forum homepage:

In Firefox on a Mac, it is easy and convenient. Click Edit, Tab, and you are editing the title.

In Chrome and Firefox on Windows, you need to hit Tab three times because the Last Post Username and Timestamp get the focus first.

My recommended solution:
Add tabIndex="-1" to the two <a> elements inside the lastPostInfo block. (Maybe just for those who can moderate.)

Is this a bug or a suggestion? I think this is probably a bug since they way it works in FF is how I would expect it to work. EDIT: Now that I see it only "works" on Mac Firefox, I'm less sure. Move this to Suggestions if it should be there.

Last edited:
I don't exactly understand what you're reporting. Can you list most clear reproduction steps and/or provide a screenshot showing what you mean?

Can you list most clear reproduction steps and/or provide a screenshot showing what you mean?
In a forum that you are a moderator,
in the forum thread listings,
click Edit.
Now hit Tab to go to edit the title.
Depending on the browser you are using, it will take from 1-3 tabs.

Now that I realize that a single Tab only seems to work in FF on a Mac, it is probably now more of a feature request than a bug report.

There's very minimal use of `tabindex` in xf.. so I think it's really up to the browser to decide the order. To keep it consistent across browsers it may require to add tabindex all over the system, which is pretty big change.

I don't think there's really an expected behavior per se. Focusing on the link that was clicked seems like it should be a consistent behavior; I'm not sure why Mac FF would behave differently.

That said, it does seem reasonable to focus the title editor directly, so I've done that.

Top Bottom