Edit time limit and can't delete

I think most use 10-15 minutes on the forums I have frequented over the years. I personally have no limit at all but the post edit can probably be higher if you want a limit and the thread title less.

On my site, the post edit time varies depending on the user group, ranging from 15 minutes for registered users right up to 30 days for my full active members.

Set the edit times to suit the needs of your sites rather copying what others do which may not be best for your requirements.

Thanks everyone. What is it is that a couple of times a user has edited their orginal post at the top of the thread to say something "all sorted now thanks" once they have the answer they want.

I use to have a 10-minute limit on editing threads and replies but changed it to be unlimited for registered users. I found that changing the time limit of editing a post or reply done wonders for my site. Members now are correcting spelling errors found days later, correcting sentence structure and adding related images and content days after posting the original posting. I feel changing to editing unlimited did wonders to making my site more professional.

Top Bottom