******* - Edit Threads & Posts Alert [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Edit Thread&Posts Alert (version 1.0) - Thread starters and posters will receive an alert whenever their threads/posts will be edited

This mod will send an alert to thread starters whenever their thread/s has been edited through the Edit Thread link in the Thread Tools in thread view.

It will also send an alert to an user whenever his/her post/s has been edited.

By editing it means that whenever the Save Change button has been pressed after the Edit button has been pressed in a post/thread, regardless if the content was edited or not. i.e. it does not log the edited content but only the save of the edit action.

You can...

Read more about this resource...

Let's say some one open a thread, I reply and then edit my reply, will it send him an alert as well? for my edit..

Yes, whenever someone 's posts/threads will be edited they will get an alert. Edits made by posts makers/thread starters themselves will not send an alert.

Yes, whenever someone 's posts/threads will be edited they will get an alert. Edits made by posts makers/thread starters themselves will not send an alert.
I meant some thing else.

Memeber1 open a thread.
Member2 reply.
Member2 edit his reply.

Does Memeber1 will receive an alert? :)

Is it possible to do this function? Reply to alert who has followed the post?

That is something that falls outside the scope of this mod. That being said, I can code such a mod for you for a fee. Feel free to contact me with the details.

Does this addon have permissions? I want only my stuff to be informed when their posts are being edited by other staff, not all users.

Does this addon have permissions? I want only my stuff to be informed when their posts are being edited by other staff, not all users.

No, there is no permission. Do you mean you as in post owner or you as in the admin only?

I mean following:

user1 edits his post: no alert
mod1 edits his post: no alert
mod1 edits user1 post: no alert
mod2 edits mod1 post: alert to mod1

I request a simple xf permission in ACP, which I can distribute over my xf usergroups like "never, allow, not set". the permission could like be "will receive alert when his post has been edited by other user". so i can set this permission to "allow" on my staff usergroup.

>> But after writing this I have another good idea which can be together with permissionrequest: listen to xf core silently edit checkbox. if this was hit, then don't alert the post owner.

Last edited:
Can this mod alert only user when Staff edit users posts?
I do not need thread edit alerts.
Is it working on xenforo 1.3?

Can this mod alert only user when Staff edit users posts?
I do not need thread edit alerts.
Is it working on xenforo 1.3?

Whenever an user with permissions to edit posts/threads, presumably staff, will perform an edit then the thread/post owners will get the alert.

Yes, it works with xenforo 1.3. as well.

So if i exclude threads edit alert, and member1 open thread, member2 reply, member3 edit member2 post, only member 2 will get alert, not member1 too?

So if i exclude threads edit alert, and member1 open thread, member2 reply, member3 edit member2 post, only member 2 will get alert, not member1 too?

Each operation can be enabled/disabled separately. In your scenario, that is correct. Only member 2, which is the post owner will get an alert that member 3 edited his/her post.

Thread starters will get alerts when their threads only have been edited and not other users posts/threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom