1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - Edit Threads & Posts Alert [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

Edit Thread&Posts Alert (version 1.0) - Thread starters and posters will receive an alert whenever their threads/posts will be edited

Read more about this resource...

2. ip0dhacker

ip0dhacker Active Member

Wait. I might be wrong but I believe that they have these features in users profile.

3. borbole

Can you elaborate a little further? As far as I know receiving of alerts on thread/post editing is not a built in feature in xenforo.

4. ip0dhacker

ip0dhacker Active Member

Oppps sorry for that. I was mistaken it with something else. Very sorry

5. borbole

No problem :)

6. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

Let's say some one open a thread, I reply and then edit my reply, will it send him an alert as well? for my edit..

7. borbole

Yes, whenever someone 's posts/threads will be edited they will get an alert. Edits made by posts makers/thread starters themselves will not send an alert.

8. Alexey.P

Alexey.P Member

I meant some thing else.

Memeber1 open a thread.
    Member2 reply.
    Member2 edit his reply.

Does Memeber1 will receive an alert? :)

9. borbole

No, it is only for posts makers/thread starters.

10. AmurBereg

AmurBereg Member

Is it possible to do this function? Reply to alert who has followed the post?

11. borbole

That is something that falls outside the scope of this mod. That being said, I can code such a mod for you for a fee. Feel free to contact me with the details.

12. Kerby

Kerby Active Member

Does this addon have permissions? I want only my stuff to be informed when their posts are being edited by other staff, not all users.

13. borbole

No, there is no permission. Do you mean you as in post owner or you as in the admin only?

14. Kerby

Kerby Active Member

I mean following:

user1 edits his post: no alert
    mod1 edits his post: no alert
    mod1 edits user1 post: no alert
    mod2 edits mod1 post: alert to mod1

I request a simple xf permission in ACP, which I can distribute over my xf usergroups like "never, allow, not set". the permission could like be "will receive alert when his post has been edited by other user". so i can set this permission to "allow" on my staff usergroup.

>> But after writing this I have another good idea which can be together with permissionrequest: listen to xf core silently edit checkbox. if this was hit, then don't alert the post owner.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  15. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Can this mod alert only user when Staff edit users posts?
    I do not need thread edit alerts.
    Is it working on xenforo 1.3?

16. borbole

Whenever an user with permissions to edit posts/threads, presumably staff, will perform an edit then the thread/post owners will get the alert.

Yes, it works with xenforo 1.3. as well.

17. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

So if i exclude threads edit alert, and member1 open thread, member2 reply, member3 edit member2 post, only member 2 will get alert, not member1 too?

18. borbole

Each operation can be enabled/disabled separately. In your scenario, that is correct. Only member 2, which is the post owner will get an alert that member 3 edited his/her post.

Thread starters will get alerts when their threads only have been edited and not other users posts/threads.

19. Sunka

Sunka Well-Known Member

Thanks, will buy it tomorrow

borbole likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.