1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.2 Edit Resource Download?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by kingjavo, Mar 7, 2016.

1. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

Is there any way to edit (re-upload) the Resource file without having to create a new version update? I created a new resource and had an edit, but want to keep it as the original resource because I haven't made it public yet.

This would be extremely helpful if possible. Crossing my fingers! :)
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You mean without an update post being automatically posted?
  3. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

I just mean edit the first original Resource post with no new update being posted using "Post Resource Update" button. I'm basically staging a new Resource release and have made changes to my file so I would like to upload a new version without having to delete and add the entire resource from scratch.
  4. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

That is designed so there is a version control so to speak. You will need to post an update.
  5. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

So just to be 100%, are you saying there's no way to replace the original file? I'd rather not have to recreate my Resource again. :(
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

There's no way. You'll just need to post an update. It only takes a few minutes to re-create a resource, but if you'd rather not, move the resource thread into a forum only visible to staff.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You post an update -- you don't actually have to post update details and no post will be created. You can then remove the older version from the versions tab.
    Amaury likes this.