Edit Only member_view template through page container?

DRE

I want to show customizable backgrounds on member's profile pages.

Can this be done by entering the template modification for the background INSIDE the PAGE_CONTAINER tmplate by using the following condition from FAQs?

Inspired by this thread http://xenforo.com/community/threads/enable-users-to-specify-a-custom-css-file.36695/

Brogan said:
When working with the PAGE_CONTAINER template, you can pass variables from the view templates (category_view, forum_view, thread_view, etc.) using xen:container. The same applies to any templates which are included in the PAGE_CONTAINER template; the header or ad_header templates for example.
To use the $forum.node_id variable for example, you would add this to the PAGE_CONTAINER template: <xen:container var="$forumId">{$forum.node_id}</xen:container>.
Similarly for the $threadId variable, you would add this: <xen:container var="$threadId">{$thread.thread_id}</xen:container>.

There is variable $contentTemplate that points to template that was rendered for content area. Use condition like this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'member_view'"> stuff for member_view <xen:else /> stuff for everything else </xen:if>

There is variable $contentTemplate that points to template that was rendered for content area. Use condition like this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'member_view'"> stuff for member_view <xen:else /> stuff for everything else </xen:if>
Sounds good! Might be awhile to see if I can get this work but I really appreciate the help.

Top Bottom