• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Add-on Edit History

Errr that permission is added by this mod... that permission is for viewing the records. When allowed you will be able to click on the string saying who edited last, when not it will just be text.

Errr that permission is added by this mod... that permission is for viewing the records. When allowed you will be able to click on the string saying who edited last, when not it will just be text.
Instead of it just being text can you please make it so that it can't be seen at all if they don't have permission to view the records?

I'm actually not sure about that one. I thought about it a bit and think it might take a bit of effort to do it right. If I do add support for them it won't be until after I do everything else. It is in the back of my head though so if I think of a good way to do it I'll get it done.

Instead of it just being text can you please make it so that it can't be seen at all if they don't have permission to view the records?
I'm actually not sure about that one. I thought about it a bit and think it might take a bit of effort to do it right. If I do add support for them it won't be until after I do everything else. It is in the back of my head though so if I think of a good way to do it I'll get it done.
Couldn't you do that permission check in the template that shows the edit text?

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.canViewEditHistory}">
Edit text
</xen:if>

Assuming canViewEditHistory is the ID of that particular permission.

My reply was to Daniel about attachments. I missed the other reply actually so will reply to it now...

Instead I will add an additional permission for what you want. So there will be a permission to see the text and if it is passed then there will be another permission to view the records. I also store how many times something has been edited and would like that in there somehow maybe. But for what you want it will be in the next major alpha (which is next as long as no bad bugs are found).

Reactions: DRE
Thanks for the honest reply. I made it as (core-)request here long ago anyway. Still hoping to see it coming somewhere. (A change notice would be enough for me - like file uploaded at: ... or file last changed / uploaded at... but I can't measure the efforts behind it) Anyway: I have fun with your addon :D

Well template edit history comes first as I can see that being very useful on XenForo upgrades. After that there isn't really much more this mod can do other than code/template cleanup and your attachment request. Oh and history for conversations.

Robbo, I have a problem in my community where I want to allow editing without time limits, but my problem with doing that is that some user from time to time try to go back and erase all there post by editing it, is there a way to have this your add-on notify a mod, or even better, send the post to moderation queue when someone edit it for approval by one of the mods and once approved the edited post will take place?

Thanks!

... is that some user from time to time try to go back and erase all their posts by editing them
This is a significant problem.
.. is there a way to have this your add-on notify a mod, or even better, send all the post to moderation queue when someone edit it for approval by one of the mods and once approved the edited post will take place?
I wonder if there is a way to detect destructive editing ?
If you could mass restore edits that would help as well. People won't delete them if they know they will easily be restored.

I don't think I will add this option however I think the revert option coming will be good enough. People can report a post when they notice it has been edited and a mod can come in and revert it. I might add a post locking feature to prevent future edits as well.

Top Bottom