• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

As designed Edit History Without Any Change

ibnesayeed

This is certainly one of those "as designed" bugs but I would report here instead of a minor feature request. If a post is opened for editing and without making any changes, the edit form is submitted, it creates a new version in a way that the two consecutive versions have no difference. Diff viewer shows a blank line added and removed.

ibnesayeed

Just reproduced it. I usually use my Linux machine but right now I have access to a Windows 7 machine with Google Chrome 28 in it.

zero-change-difference.png

ibnesayeed

There's actually a space potentially being removed (or added) on that line, so there is a change.
I will verify the existence of a white space. But I did not do anything for that to happen. I will have to investigate why would a space appear/disappear without me doing anything...

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
There's are browser differences that can cause it to be created internal to XF. Mostly just blame IE (one of the edits being done with it.)

CyberAP

I miss auto-merge functionality here. You have to manually edit all the spaces if they are different from default ones.