• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Edit Email Notification Templates to prevent reply

PJK

I've noticed a lot of members will reply to email notifications, specifically for new PM's. At the bottom of the email is:
Please do not reply to this email. You must visit The Forum to reply.

This message was sent to you from The Forum because your preferences are set to receive email when a new conversation message is received.

To stop receiving email, please edit your contact preferences.
Perhaps that can be moved to the top of the email so it is more obvious. I'm guessing many people have this issue too. How can I edit the email template to re-arrange this and move it to the top?
Thanks.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
In 1.5, the email templates aren't directly editable. Short of an add-on, you would need to edit any of the phrases that apply earlier in the email.

PJK

In 1.5, the email templates aren't directly editable. Short of an add-on, you would need to edit any of the phrases that apply earlier in the email.
What do you recommend I do in this case? I sent a bulk message out to 30k members and received hundreds of reply via email to the notification. Thanks.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You can also disable showing the content via the "Include full message text in conversation notification emails" option.

Otherwise, you might take a phrase like conversation_insert_email_html and add something like this to it:
Code:
<br /><br />Please do not reply to this email.
The particular phrase in use here will vary depending on the specific action, though the phrase names will be similar to that.

Beyond that, you could potentially do things with the address your forums sends emails from, such as having it autorespond mentioning that responses to the email will not be seen, etc. This would be outside of XenForo though.