Lack of interest Edit date of posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm using a free add-on for that (see below), but it would not be a bad idea to have in the base. The add-on uses a group permission, too, so it is not limited to admins, but to any group the admins choose to grant it to. In my case, I created a group with just this permission so I can just add it to any user with a use case.

All that said, this is probably a duplicate suggestion. The fact that there's a couple add-ons for it indicates some interest.

I'm using a free add-on for that (see below), but it would not be a bad idea to have in the base. The add-on uses a group permission, too, so it is not limited to admins, but to any group the admins choose to grant it to. In my case, I created a group with just this permission so I can just add it to any user with a use case.

All that said, this is probably a duplicate suggestion. The fact that there's a couple add-ons for it indicates some interest.
Can you verify the dates remain as edited if this add-on is removed?

I really only need to edit a few posts to reflect an accurate date. So if I installed your product, made the changes, would the changes remain after uninstalling your add-on?

Can you verify the dates remain as edited if this add-on is removed?

I really only need to edit a few posts to reflect an accurate date. So if I installed your product, made the changes, would the changes remain after uninstalling your add-on?
Not my product so I'd have to uninstall it to see but I don't see why the changes would not remain. I think it is actually editing the date field on the post, not masking it somehow. @Xon would be the expert, though, since he wrote it.

We have the addon installed for our moderators. It can be used to reorder discussion threads, which can be confusing. I do not think I would make it generally available on our forums.

We also have the ability to edit the thread owner. We use that to help some new users off the ground by actually transcribing their content and assigning it to their name.

Top Bottom