Edit birthday?

That kinda sucks.
I was hoping I had missed a checkbox in the admin section.
I imported users from vB that I'm finding have incorrect birthdays.
I'll admit GI=GO but now I have members looking to update them correctly without me being involved.

Can this please be reconsidered? I have 3,000 users who all have incorrect birthdays as a result of a forum conversion. Can't fathom why this isn't an option in the ACP.
If you want to have your members reset them all, then you need a query to set the birthdate to 0/0/0.
I used an update because I had many users with the same birthdate that someone coded in their by default.

Yes, although you may way someone else to verify that.
It worked for me but I'd feel terrible if I wrecked your forum.

I just tested on my dev site and it worked fine.

if we reset them, will that allow them to at least go back in and set them?

If you want to test yourself create a new user to test on, and then update for only that user_id.

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile
SET dob_day=0, dob_month=0, dob_year=0
WHERE user_id = X

Change X to the user_id of the newly created member and execute. Then log in as that member and go into personal details and update birthday.

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile
WHERE user_id = [B]X[/B]

Change X to the user_id of the newly created member and execute. Then log in as that member and go into personal details and update birthday.

So the X simply gets replaced by a number, correct? what would the query look like if I wanted to do it to everyone?

Did you want to reset all of them?

Add: If you want to reset all birthdates so members can set themselves.
BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST!
Code:
UPDATE xf_user_profile
Did I mention, BACKUP YOUR DATABASE FIRST?

Worked for me as well! Had mybb forum imported and somehow, everyone got a weird birthday. I reset everything and now people can fill them in themselves :)

Top Bottom