Eco Print Option for Thread/Conversation/Resource Manager [50% off till 30th June, 2013] [Paid]

Just got this and installed it and it seems to be working fine, but the thread I need to print is quite large and this stops after 18 pages. Is there a setting I'm missing? I need the whole thread printed.

edit: Never mind. This prints 1 page at a time. So can this print the entire thread? Like, all the pages?

Apologies Sir, this functionality is coming in the next release.

Question: Is it possible to have the "print thread" link only in the Thread Tools drop-down? I don't want it visible atop every thread. Thanks.

Yes, you can. Just login to you ACP >> Appearance >> Template Modifications and un-check first "thread_view" modification under FMS - Print Message. Hope this will solve your problem. Thanks,

Yes, you can. Just login to you ACP >> Appearance >> Template Modifications and un-check first "thread_view" modification under FMS - Print Message. Hope this will solve your problem. Thanks,

Hmm. There are three instances of thread_view. Why? And which one do I deselect?

threadview.webp

Also, I tried to use the feature, and when I click Print Topic, nothing happens at all. Nothing. This from both IE9 and Firefox, latest version. Any ideas?

Try it:

http://poetrycircle.com/forum/threads/modern-haiku-workshop-with-guest-poet-marion-poirier.34178/

You have to un-check the 1st instance. Why the print option is not working is because the 3rd instance is not implemented. Just click the 3rd instance and reduce the execution order to 2 instead of the default 10.

Should work. Please let me know. Thanks,

You have to un-check the 1st instance. Why the print option is not working is because the 3rd instance is not implemented. Just click the 3rd instance and reduce the execution order to 2 instead of the default 10.

Should work. Please let me know. Thanks,

It won't let me reduce the execution order. When I click the minus sign, or attempt to change the 10 manually, it won't let me.

At the top it says "This modification can only be enabled or disabled."

Does this work for 1.4.4? I see no updates or discussions in over 1 year so I don't want to buy something that is not going to work.

I need something that will print out an entire thread that spans several pages.

Does this work for 1.4.4? I see no updates or discussions in over 1 year so I don't want to buy something that is not going to work.

I need something that will print out an entire thread that spans several pages.

Did not work for me even on a pre-1.4.4 release.

Good to know, thanks, I won't waste my money.

As I recall, the author did contact me to provide a suggested fix, but I figured it was more trouble than it was worth to implement it and should just work as downloaded.

Anyone find another plugin like this? This is exactly what I'm looking for. Just need one that works with current XF.

Anyone find another plugin like this? This is exactly what I'm looking for. Just need one that works with current XF.

Nope. I'd be surprised if a print thread option weren't implemented at some point by xenforo. In the meantime, I just do without.

My members ask for it, but I have a bunch of weekend mechanics who like printing out tech info to use while they do motor swaps in their garage. Printing threads still makes sense for car guys with greasy hands. It's such a simple little feature that I never thought about until it was gone. I doubt most niches would need it outside of automotive sites or other enthusiast sites where you'd want to print out info for working in the garage, as in most cases outside of that a tablet, phone, or laptop would still work just fine.

Top Bottom