Easy way to upload a photo when creating/replying a thread.

When i am replying to a thread or creating a new thread. Sometimes i want to upload a photo with the thread. I noticed there is no option to upload a photo.

Unless you have the xenforo image uploading system. But i have that turned off because i want to just use xenmedia.

One thing that would be nice is if maybe everyone had a default album where all the photos they uploaded would go to that album. This would be handy for people who don't want to bother creating an album.

Later they could move whatever contents they wanted from the default album to an album they created.

So a button beside when replying/creating a thread. "Upload File" would be perfect.

Thanks,

(now with xenmedia being part of xenforo. I find that having both xenmedia and xenforo attachment upload is a little confusing/silly) I think both should be merged into one.

-suggestion transfered from xenresources-
https://xenresources.com/threads/easy-way-to-upload-a-photo-when-creating-replying-a-thread.1641/

Upvote 16
But the problem with [Upload a File] is that the images do not go to xenforo media gallery. So the image won't show up in the gallery.

I don't see the need for both uploaders(upload a file) and (xenforomedia)

I would prefer just using one. So since july ive stopped using the upload a file and just used "xenforo media"

So you want the thread create template to also add a media item to the gallery, at the same time?

User Interface.

The ability to choose an album means a lot more work than a simple checkbox.

Leave it as a tick box and automatically add it to a user album called "Post Uploads" then. Being able to choose the album would be nice but actually getting the images into the gallery is much more of the issue.

But the problem with [Upload a File] is that the images do not go to xenforo media gallery. So the image won't show up in the gallery.

I don't see the need for both uploaders(upload a file) and (xenforomedia)

Leave it as a tick box and automatically add it to a user album called "Post Uploads" then. Being able to choose the album would be nice but actually getting the images into the gallery is much more of the issue.

What if I don't want the image to go to XFMG? On my site I only allow some user groups to add to the Gallery. In addition, I further restrict the use of Albums to fewer user groups. So how exactly would this suggestion work with a scenario like this?

What if I don't want the image to go to XFMG? On my site I only allow some user groups to add to the Gallery. In addition, I further restrict the use of Albums to fewer user groups. So how exactly would this suggestion work with a scenario like this?

An admin option to allow "uploaded files included in gallery" would solve that wouldn't it?

Basically there should be the option to have the gallery integrate more with the forums.

We have lots of users uploading images to posts but hardly anyone using the gallery itself. The gallery provides a very nice way to view, comment and rate uploaded images but it's currently not integrated with the majority of the image-based content our users are generating.

Right, so now we have an admin option, likely permissions, a drop down box, code to handle the case if the member doesn't have any albums, etc.

Slightly more than 'a tick box'.

My main reason for this is because right now there is no quick way to add media.

As of right now. You would have to go into the media tab and create an album then copy/paste the bb codes into the thread.

Most people want something quick and easy. So being able to upload xenmedia images straight from a "create thread" would make things easier and faster.

And the images would be automatically uploaded to a default album. And therefor would show up in the Recent Media.

Right, so now we have an admin option, likely permissions, a drop down box, code to handle the case if the member doesn't have any albums, etc.

Slightly more than 'a tick box'.

Yes. I'm not sure what your problem is with that. Are only simple/easy suggestions allowed? I imagine integrating the gallery to the forums is quite a large task and one that would probably not have been considered if it was a 3rd party add on. Thankfully now it's not.

Top Bottom