XF 1.2 Easy color adjusting

WCFA

I love this new software, but for me the new color system is not intuitive, the layout might as well be in a foreign language. I can find where to change colors, but the names and description for a newbie like me to Xenforo make no sense .

Is there and easy how to identify or understand the descriptions.
Example what is a
all pages. Navigation Tabs Container and the list is huge which cool, but understanding what they mean is not.
I am trying to change color of the default read and not read. LOL but descriptions do not call it that.

I wish to edit the thread bars from the default orange as well.

Ideas welcome please .

Thanks

Hi yes I had checked those out earlier before posting but again they are unclear what something is that is being adjusted.
People doing the program awhile understand the terminology, however coming from SMF this is all foreign and very unclear.
Not that its Xenforos fault but a I am looking for clear instructions or identification on the meanings in the parent description of the color changes. Would be nice if a hover showed examples or something of what would be changed.:)

Hi yes I had checked those out earlier before posting but again they are unclear what something is that is being adjusted.
People doing the program awhile understand the terminology, however coming from SMF this is all foreign and very unclear.
Not that its Xenforos fault but a I am looking for clear instructions or identification on the meanings in the parent description of the color changes. Would be nice if a hover showed examples or something of what would be changed.:)

I show exactly what changes what in the videos in my guide.

Not to be rude, but I looked twice there is no sound and that is not clear. I think because you are and expert you are giving expert directions.
I tried to follow what you were doing and you were all over the page . Maybe it works awesome for experts. But I came from SMF and this made no sense.
Showing me is awesome and I thank you but if there is no sound I have no idea what you are doing .
That is why I started out saying I am new. Not and expert. :confused:

Not to be rude, but I looked twice there is no sound and that is not clear. I think because you are and expert you are giving expert directions.
I tried to follow what you were doing and you were all over the page . Maybe it works awesome for experts. But I came from SMF and this made no sense.
Showing me is awesome and I thank you but if there is no sound I have no idea what you are doing .
That is why I started out saying I am new. Not and expert. :confused:

If you read the resource, you'll notice it said there was no sound at all so all focus to could be directed to the styling.

As I said, I show exactly what changes what in the videos.

LOL are you reading what my questions are ? I can not understand the Directions because there is no sound.:LOL:
They show what you know, if I do not know what the "PART" you are clicking on is, it does not help at all.
Let me try and explain my place here,
I know how to repair a 352 ford engine complete rebuild, if I showed you the underside of the hood and pointed
and then did stuff on a video, could you rebuild that engine ? I would guess not. And thats how I am here.

Thank you for your attempt to help but you are not understanding my questions. Which I was very clear in
stating , new and did not understand, beating it into me to watch a video I do not understand will not help.

Thanks.:(

LOL are you reading what my questions are ? I can not understand the Directions because there is no sound.:LOL:
They show what you know, if I do not know what the "PART" you are clicking on is, it does not help at all.
Let me try and explain my place here,
I know how to repair a 352 ford engine complete rebuild, if I showed you the underside of the hood and pointed
and then did stuff on a video, could you rebuild that engine ? I would guess not. And thats how I am here.

Thank you for your attempt to help but you are not understanding my questions. Which I was very clear in
stating , new and did not understand, beating it into me to watch a video I do not understand will not help.

Thanks.:(

It's not really that hard to follow. Go to Admin CP > Appearance > Style Properties. From there, watch the videos.

I have to agree, this is an area that could use some improvement IMO. I've been using this forum software for a few years now and still can't find things when I need to. Whenever I want to change a color or create a new style for my forum, it's hit or miss as to finding the right part to change. To this day I still haven't found where to change the color of the xenforo link at the bottom of the forum. I gave up.

We need something like a reference map showing what does what. Perhaps a screenshot of the index page (and other pages as needed) with the names of these areas highlighted. That way when I want to change something, I look at that map and know exactly what to look for in the style properties area.

Last edited:
What do you mean by this?

Hi guys watched the video a few times, still no help, I have been able to get passed most stuff on the week old software for me.
As per the quote, when a item is read there is those icons that show blue/orange when read or unread posts are inside.
In SMF 99%of stuff was image, that bogged the system, but made it east to change it one just downloaded photoshopped and up loaded.
Here names of items are called something different then in PhPbb and SMF why ? I have no idea. But when I go in and look at the very awesome looking color system Xenforo has, you open the hood and it like working on a Lamborghini, stuff with names no explanation.

Refer back the video should have sound and explain the area and whats its called. I am sure the video took allot of time I mean no disrespect to your work, but if it makes no sense, it makes no sense. If I took new Xenforo guys and gals and had them go over to SMF and watch a video with no should that showed how to do this it would be confusing as heck. Lots of people do not like narrating there videos but here it really was needed. In another video I watched a guy in XF he explains smileys took me a few minutes and knew exactly what he was telling me, if I turn the volume down it makes no sense in his videos either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom