XF 2.0 Easiest way to use gmail.com as main email sending service

Stylesfactory

Hey,

I have problem with sending mails from my dedicated server. I want to use gmail smtp but I didn't found any easy solution for this.
Can you send me some tutorials how to do this?

Thanks!

Obtain the SMTP settings from gmail and enter them in the appropriate section in the ACP.

It's likely there will be some sort of limit applied by gmail, so you may want to consider an alternative service.

Yeah, this is is a bad idea. Gmail's SMTP, when accessed through an outside client limits sends to 100 - 150 per day. 15 users getting a handful each of post/thread notifications can easily surpass this.

What's the issue with email on your current?

Hey,

I have problem with sending mails from my dedicated server. I want to use gmail smtp but I didn't found any easy solution for this.
Can you send me some tutorials how to do this?

Thanks!

Considering there are plenty of free for low volume or very low cost email relays designed for transactional email you should never consider using Gmail.

If your email volume is low, Mailgun allows you to send 10,000 monthly emails free of charge but you need to give them your credit card. As soon as you go over that, they may charge you $0.5 per 1,000 mails.

I usually pay betwee $3 and $4 dollars for ~30k monthly emails on AWS SES.

If your email volume is low, Mailgun allows you to send 10,000 monthly emails free of charge but you need to give them your credit card. As soon as you go over that, they may charge you $0.5 per 1,000 mails.

I usually pay betwee $3 and $4 dollars for ~30k monthly emails on AWS SES.
I am now having a problem with the free malign SMTP - currently getting only 95% success due to blacklisting from both btinternet and hotmail.

I opened a ticked with gmail but no response. I have had this happen before and usually the y respond quickly to say they will change the IP address.

Top Bottom