1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E3 access

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 0xym0r0n, May 29, 2012.

1. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

A few of my staff have heard that if you own something game industry related it'll grant you free access to E3.

I do not believe by owning a gaming forum just about one game grants me access especially since it's ran as more of hobby site.

I AM building a gaming site revolving around anything game related from indie to mainstream but it's not done, so it's not registered as its still in a planning/early stages.

In the future if I were to register either site as a game related business would this technically grant me access?

I know there's a ton of fellow game site owners here and just wondering if any of you have ever attempted.

Please feel free to LOLz if this is an absolutely crazy question but I felt it deserved a post haha. I'm sure there's a few other guys wondering about it as well.
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

When I applied a few years back I had to show I was a gaming related business with a particular level of income from that business to qualify.
  3. 0xym0r0n

Yeah I've been reading numerous things about reqs now. One year you need over 8k impressions per month if you were a gaming site. Which isn't too difficult but I'm sure that has changed.

Looking more into it I'd rather attend PAX.
  4. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

A gaming blog I visit (www.manatank.com) registered for E3 and were granted access, I don't know what the requirements are this year but they mustn't be to big for them to get in. Also a youtube group I watch that commentate on games are going (probably with Machinima though as that's who they are partnered through).
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

My gaming subforum will get me access a long as it gets a certain amount of imprssions? Wtf???

E-3 here I come.
  6. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic Well-Known Member

They change the requirements every year....... one year it was over 200k unique impressions.
    0xym0r0n likes this.
  7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

8. 0xym0r0n

That feeling when you think you won the lottery and you're skydiving into a heap of money... but you wake up falling out of bed.
  9. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

My dad does work for a lot of companies like Sony/Nintendo, so I just get access from him :sneaky:.
    0xym0r0n and ManagerJosh like this.