XF 1.4 E-mail unavailability

Silivistras

A few days before there was an interruption of my forum operation. After restoration started another problem concerning the e-mailing operation. Now the forum email seems not to work and every notice returns as a failure message. In one day i have more than 800+ undeliverable e-mails ... f.e.

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

xxxx@xxxx.xx
retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period"

And follows the content of the notice.

Host informed me three days ago to change the current nameservers with some new ones. I haven't change them yet, is this possible to cause this problem?

There is a big problem because many members get informed by email notices for replies, watching threads, etc and when they see that they have posts without noticing they are complaining.

Is this a shared hosting provider, VPS or dedi?
I'm going to assume you are using the PHP mail option. Have you checked your MTA logs to see if they have any further errors in them?

Anyway, since you refuse to change to the name servers I gave you. I went into the old DNS servers and made zone changes for your site to what the correct settings should now be, which would have already been correct had you made the changes I told you to and your mail is now routing again. Frankly, I still don't get why you refuse any help I try to offer you and instead run to the forum here to create a topic that no one but me could fix for you anyway. Please be for-warned though, by refusing to update your name servers to the change announcement made 3 days ago, When the current name server IPs your using are returned to ARIN, your DNS will not work until you do so.

Anyway, since you refuse to change to the name servers I gave you. I went into the old DNS servers and made zone changes for your site to what the correct settings should now be, which would have already been correct had you made the changes I told you to and your mail is now routing again. Frankly, I still don't get why you refuse any help I try to offer you and instead run to the forum here to create a topic that no one but me could fix for you anyway. Please be for-warned though, by refusing to update your name servers to the change announcement made 3 days ago, When the current name server IPs your using are returned to ARIN, your DNS will not work until you do so.

I never refused to change the nameservers. I have sent you three emails asking you some things, including question about the new nameservers and you never answered. Maybe you should better check your inbox. Here is my first email without answer from you ...

Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2015 9:33:52 PM
To: mike edge
Cc: xxxx

So, you suggest me to rename the custom nameservers now?
Are you taking backup and if yes, how often?
About the mail issue i dont think is just a warning because many people have their mails active and complain that they do not receive notices. Anyway, if you can do something, please do it.
Could you give me some information (specs) regarding the specific current host package that you are offer to us? Sorry if you had allready done this at past, there are a lot of mails and i am afraid i missed that info.
Also, if its not a problem when you are replying to me, make a reply all to get informed also my colleagues.

Thanks,
George

Here is my second email without answer ...

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 8:07:08 AM

Hi,
You did not answer to bellow questions. Please do.
Today morning i found 632 undelivered emails to my account. Could you do something for that? The problem started from the last interruption 4 days ago.

Here is my third email also without answer ...

Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 12:24:14 PM

URGENT !!!! TOTAL EMAIL UNAVAILABILITY ..700+ NOTICES ARE UNDELIVERABLE.
Please also answer to bellow questions...

As you can see from the times and dates i tried to ask help from you that never arrived, so i had to do something. I will change the nameservers right now. Please, be kind enough to answer me by emailing to other questions about back up and hosting server package. Although, i would like to thank you for your actions in order to cease the problem. Also, i would like to send many thanks to AndyB for his help.

Last edited:
I replied several times, only to be asked again if I suggest you change them again, maybe you were missing my messages.. Really, if you think about it.. Why would I send out a notice to do so to all clients if it was not intended to be really changed? Furthermore you even said in this thread you were informed to do so.. So again, I'm confused why you didn't do so.

Please remove my e-mail addresses from your "To:" too please, I already receive enough spam, I don't need it mined from here as well.

Also, checking my e-mail I even told you it was ok to leave off NS6 since your register only supports up to 5 name servers..

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 14:33:21 -0600

Hi ya,

Yes, you can leave off NS6, which is our new name server in Tokyo.

Ok lets say you are right and i am wrong.
Why you didn't answer me about hosting package and back up?

I did, not sure why you didn't receive it other then maybe hotmail's fault as it's pretty common knowledge hotmail/live suck :D I'll reply again now.

Meanwhile, go update your DNS to the name servers in your notice ;)

I did it already...
And something else, you inform people (customers) for an upgrade through xenforo community email. Why is that?

PMs on xenforo have always been the purfured method of contact for a majority of our clients. Even back when we offered a support ticket system, it never got used, most still just PM'd me here. A few text me to my cell, but in all honesty your about my only client while likes to use e-mail for support issues.

Top Bottom