• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

E-mail Delivering System

Hey Gang,

I been working non stop customizing the forum I would like to start and I was looking into Emails services (MC, Mandrill, Etc) and I honestly been confused, so here I would like to ask.

-What is the best way to get your email delivering system ready to rock?

What I would like to do since I'm "preparing" the forum, is to have everything ready for anything that comes in its way. My member base is 0 but I would like to get it that it could handles thousands eventually. Hopefully I was clear enough and thank you in advance.

Robby

I'm using Mandrill now for two months and it's absolutely perfect.
I am also a mailchimp user so i trusted the company in advance.
It could handle millions mails if you would need it. The first 12000 are free.

Hey Robby thanks for the reply. How do they count emails?

Is it lets say for example: I have 6,000 users and send 2 emails in the first month. That would equal to 12,000 emails. After that I have to pay. Am I correct?

RDR

If setting up with Mandrill and taking full advantage of the system, you'll be sending emails daily for registration confirmations, watched forums/threads, conversation notifications, etc.

@RDR thanks for that clarification. With that I see the more realistic part of it. Is there a way that I could estimate/see of how much is sent while the forum grows ?

Robby

Hey Robby thanks for the reply. How do they count emails?

Is it lets say for example: I have 6,000 users and send 2 emails in the first month. That would equal to 12,000 emails. After that I have to pay. Am I correct?
That is correct. If you have mailchimp it starts on 13000 but the prices are very low. You can calculate on their site.

@Robby thanks a million again :). I noticed mandrill and mc are the same company. Even they are the same is there a reason to go one for the other? And if so. Where can I find directions on how to set it up. Thank you again in advance

Robby

@Robby thanks a million again :). I noticed mandrill and mc are the same company. Even they are the same is there a reason to go one for the other? And if so. Where can I find directions on how to set it up. Thank you again in advance
Mailchimp is for newsletters and is set up for that. Mandrill is much cheaper for bulk e-mail because it doesn't work with subscribers. It looks the same but it's not. Just make an account and use the mandrill plugin here on xenforo. Works perfectly.