E-commerce

LuvMeSumZen

I need to build a stand-alone store front to sell hard products (no downloaded products) and would like something with a shopping cart apart from PP buttons. I have checked the Volusions Big Commerce etc. and that's not for me. I would only have about 100 to 200 products at any given time ranging in price from about $50 to several hundred dollars per product. I'm selling these products now (have been for about 8 years) but doing it solely via email when contacted by propesctive buyers - so I have to send images then more images sometmes - I just want to list the products on a website with ATC and BIN buttons with an actual shopping cart to avoid the ineffeciency that plagues me now.

Anyone happy with their e-solution for product sales please let me know what you use.

I looked at OC extensively and really like it but decided it takes a little more know-how than I have. That was 2 years ago maybe I could pull it off now.

@Slavik & @Digital Doctor I appreciate the input - if you have a website at Magento that I could see and maybe a quick synopsis of why you hawk it that would help a lot.

@MattW thanks Matt - I could not get your site to load though. Tried 3 times but the whirlpool just kept spinning until it timed out.

Magento. I've just started taking orders this evening having gone live at 7 tonight!

Zroadster.org/store - only got 4 products at the moment, but more to be added over the coming months.

Magento. I've just started taking orders this evening having gone live at 7 tonight!

Zroadster.org/store - only got 4 products at the moment, but more to be added over the coming months.

I actually like the simplicity of your store. That's what I am looking for with about 10 pages of products, each page being a seperate category and each category having ~9 to 12 product images that lead to details/more images etc. Thanks for the info and link.

Looks good - I want to navigate it as a prospective OC vendor though, I wonder why I cannot get it to open . . . . . I just tried again. Must not be your site obviously. Something preventing me from accessing it on my end.

I actually like the simplicity of your store. That's what I am looking for with about 10 pages of products, each page being a seperate category and each category having ~9 to 12 product images that lead to details/more images etc. Thanks for the info and link.
It took a while disabling a lot of the functionality we just didn't need. I like simple and and clean looking, can't stand cluttered stores which is why I stay away from Amazon as much as possible.

I've been doing some research the past few weeks as I'm looking into opening an e-shop (nothing to do with my forums).

Magento and Prestashop are the two most "professional" ones, but damn they are complicated. But, obviously, you can do more things with them.

OpenCart and Woocommerce are at the other end, very easy to use and with a much smaller learning curve.

At least that's what i've come up with so far :)

Yes, Magento is a steeper learning curve than I would have preferred. I'm lucky that I have a mentor who knows it well, and put up with hours of me asking stupid questions! Choosing Magento is a training exercise for me so I can help him out with the bigger online stores he builds.

Top Bottom