1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Duplication

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Kosuki07, May 23, 2015.

1. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Member

Hello,
    The community I help manage has a custom theme on the site, it is based off the quark template and style, with permission. I need to know how to make a copy of the files/theme. I want to make variations of it. For example we have a light and dark theme. We how ever want to make some dark green, dark blue and other color themes. Also themes for donators and server administrators. I just need to know how to make a copy of the theme, so I can start messing with the colors and seeing what works. Do I export, change name and re import? Thank You

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Member

Hello,
    Thank you for taking time to reply. I read the article and still do not understand how to make a child of a template. I click create new style up top, and assign the PSdark as the parent, and nothing works. I go into the style and its blank. Nothing was copied over for me to start working.

I click on "Customize Style Components" and I get a error message of "This style contains no customized templates or style properties." The other child has all of its components. So what am I doing wrong?

4. Brogan

What does that mean?
    What is blank?

That's because you haven't modified any of the style properties or templates in that style.

5. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Member

I do not want to have to start from scratch lol. I want to be able to copy everything from the PartyServer Light or Dark style and just go in and tweek the colors. I want the page_container for example or the extra.css to stay the same. Can I give someone access and show you what I mean. Do you have another more detailed guide I can read? I do not know if I am even making the child right. Would screenshots help?

6. Brogan

Make the new style a child of one of those.

7. Kosuki07

Kosuki07 Member

Ok, Ill let you know how it goes. :)