Duplicate user groups

cmeinck

On my first XenForo forum (migrated from vB), I have multiple duplicate user groups. Is there a way to merge the groups or perhaps see if there are any users in the duplicate group(s)?

What's the best way to tidy up my user groups?

Screen shot 2011-05-13 at 6.52.23 PM.webp

You can check for users in each user group using the standard user search, just select the group.

There is no merge function and it's not recommended to move users via SQL queries due to the permission combination value.

If you delete the user group, the members will default to the normal registered user group, if they aren't already a member of it.

User groups 1-4 can't be deleted as they are the default groups.
  • 1 - Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  • 2 - Registered
  • 3 - Administrative
  • 4 - Moderating

You can check for users in each user group using the standard user search, just select the group.

There is no merge function and it's not recommended to move users via SQL queries due to the permission combination value.

If you delete the user group, the members will default to the normal registered user group, if they aren't already a member of it.

User groups 1-4 can't be deleted as they are the default groups.
  • 1 - Unregistered / Unconfirmed
  • 2 - Registered
  • 3 - Administrative
  • 4 - Moderating

Thanks. I had zeroes in a few and a small, odd mix of users in one registered group. Deleted the extra groups and I'm good to go.(y)

Top Bottom