1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate posts and threads

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by yoghurtfarmer, Apr 14, 2013.

1. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

For example, when I click "Create Thread" or "Reply", occasionally the post will be duplicated or even quadrupled.

It doesn't happen every time and so far only affects my admin account which bypasses time restrictions.

My mouse has gotten a bit wonky so I suspect it's just occasionally registering more than one click despite the button being grayed out.

I did make some template changes to add in a Google Custom Search box so I hope it has nothing to do with that.
  2. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Some template change like that should not cause it. It looks like the issue could be at your personal pc if it is happening to you only. What browser are you using btw?
    yoghurtfarmer likes this.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It can also be due to a poor connection or server issues.
    borbole and yoghurtfarmer like this.
  4. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Good to know. I was worried that the template change was causing things to be submitted twice. I did have to change the query parameter for GCS because it was getting confused with the default built in search function.
  5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you using Tapatalk? There are reports of double posting problems caused by Tapatalk:

They say you can downgrade to an older version to fix it:

Or apply this fix:

Otherwise Brogan is correct... a spotty connection + admin account (exempt from flood check) can result in double posts.