1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Duplicate entry for key username

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Adrian D., May 19, 2016.

1. Adrian D.

Adrian D. Member

Hello there,

I know the following error appears when someone is trying to register with a name that already exists inside of the database:

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'xxx' for key 'username'

When the end user uses the top right login/signup it tells him when the name he tries to register is already taken, however if he registers using the direct link www.domain.com/register and tries to use the same registered name, he doesn't get any warning about duplicate usernames until he submits the registration and he ends up with a "A server error occurred. Please try again later." instead with the normal message posted below.

Any idea how could i set so the "
    Please correct the following errors:
    1. User names must be unique. The specified user name is already in use.
    "
    message to bewhen he is using the direct registration link too?

Thanks

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The only time that error should happen is due to a race condition, which generally involves multiple attempts to register the same name simultaneously. If you get that all the time with a direct link, then I have to guess that there's something else interfering (and add-on).