XF 1.5 Duplicate Emails

Wesker

Trying to get some information on why our mail queue is sending duplicate notification emails out rather than just 1. In short when a conversation is replied to or a thread has a reply etc. not one but 2 emails saying the same response are sent out to the recipients email. This started happening when we upgraded to 1.5+

This isn't something we've had any reports of before, so the initial guess would be an add-on. Testing with all add-ons disabled would be worthwhile.

Do you have any errors logged in the control panel relating to emails?

I assume that's just the built in PHP method which then connects to Postfix. I can't think of anything beyond an add-on that might trigger this (or an issue within Postfix).

I assume that's just the built in PHP method which then connects to Postfix. I can't think of anything beyond an add-on that might trigger this (or an issue within Postfix).

You are correct. Only mod involves emails is [PE] Emails 1.0 but it's responsible for redesigning the template of the email not for SMTP.

Maybe a setting? Anything you'd recommend changing because I am pretty confident it's not a mod at this point. I did run tests disable most of them but the issue remained.

There's nothing within XF that would generate duplicate emails. They should be handed off to the MTA without issue. A theoretical condition would be where we attempt to hand off, but it returns an error while accepting the hand off. We then silently try again. However, if this second attempt triggered the same error, we would log that error, so it doesn't really make sense for that to happen. This also requires a situation where the mail is accepted but an error is also generated, which should be incredibly rare (and in this case, the problem would really be with the MTA).

Top Bottom