Duplicate Content Question...Wordpress Bridge

Kenneth Holland

Good Afternoon,

I'd like to get the XF community's thoughts on 'duplicate content' as it applies to the popular Wordpress Bridge mod...

First off, I realize that there really is no duplicate content penalty per se, but if my blog posts also appear on my forum instead of just a link (the whole post would be the ideal) I'm worried that Google might give preference to the post that's on my forum...and in this particular case I want the BLOG post to be given preference.

Does anyone have experience in this area that could shed some light for me?

Thanks. :)

Ken

I am currently running a Drupal/vBulletin bridge on my "big board" and I have the system only post excerpts with a link to the full story on the thread OP because of that concern. It hasn't seemed to hurt traffic to my stories, but I don't know if it really helps anything with duplicate content. I did it for the elegance of the solution. But, you see sites like MacRumors who post the full article on their front page and within the thread OP.

I am currently running a Drupal/vBulletin bridge on my "big board" and I have the system only post excerpts with a link to the full story on the thread OP because of that concern. It hasn't seemed to hurt traffic to my stories, but I don't know if it really helps anything with duplicate content. I did it for the elegance of the solution. But, you see sites like MacRumors who post the full article on their front page and within the thread OP.

Ok...thanks for your input. :)

Top Bottom