Drupal 6 to XenForo

denzil

I'm interested in moving my club's forum to the XenForo platform but we're currently on Drupal 6. Are there any resources for making the transition easier? I noticed in the sticky and in the demo that there are importers from vBulletin, IPB, and phpBB but none from Drupal. What would be the easiest way? Drupal -> phpBB -> XenForo? It seems like a rather troublesome process so I'm looking for any help I can get as this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance!

An intermediary import isn't uncommon.

It might seem like a troublesome process but overall it's less troublesome than writing a native importer :)

It works, I'm sure others will elaborate more. I'm no expert on imports.

I'm interested in moving my club's forum to the XenForo platform but we're currently on Drupal 6. Are there any resources for making the transition easier? I noticed in the sticky and in the demo that there are importers from vBulletin, IPB, and phpBB but none from Drupal. What would be the easiest way? Drupal -> phpBB -> XenForo? It seems like a rather troublesome process so I'm looking for any help I can get as this is all new to me.

Thanks in advance!

That would be the easiest yes, or Drupal > Vbulletin 3/4 > XenForo.

The only reason being there is no direct Drupal > XenForo importer. Importers take a lot of time and effort, so creating one for even a handful of platforms is massively time consuming.

Where can I find the importer from Drupal to phpBB? I'm looking to get the process started. I was just wondering if that importer is local to XF's community board. Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Many times, developers lack the necessary data to create a import routine. Email the Drupal developers and see if they'd be willing to create an importer for XF.

You would have to ask over at phpBB for a drupal - phpBB converter.

I did a quick search then which returned nothing.

I have found a drupal to SMF converter. I don't know if you can convert from SMF to xenForo yet?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=241557.0

Might be of some help. You might have to go Drupal - SMF - phpBB - xenForo.
Hrm, may be a pain but I suppose if it works, it works.
Many times, developers lack the necessary data to create a import routine. Email the Drupal developers and see if they'd be willing to create an importer for XF.
I posted in the forums so hopefully I'll hear back soon. Is there another avenue you meant by emailing the Drupal devs?

Just wanted to close out that I finally got our forum up (www.bareefers.org) on XF and ended up using a third-party service, gConverter, to do our Drupal to XF migration. For the most part, it went decently smooth but we lost PMs in the process due to the technical differences in the platforms.

Top Bottom