Dream team or future XenForo staff

MilesDB

I know it's a bit premature to open this thread. Considering recent and not so recent staff departures from vBulletin, I thought it's worth to start discussing here whom we want to see in XenForo team [USER PROSPECTIVE WITH NO INTENTION TO INFLAME ANYTHING].

I won't lie. I like the atmosphere of the old vBulletin. It feels like home.

1. Scott Macvicar
2. Jeremy Hutchings
3. Freddie Bingham
4. Jake Bunce
5. Collin Frei
6. Andy Huang
7. Wayne Luke
8. Steve Machol
9. Zachery
10. Lynne
11. eva2000
12. Floris

and many other old team members

Additionally,

Mert Gökçeimam and Michael Biddle from vBSEO.com
Brian from vBadvanced.com

DISCLAIMER: The order in the list is random and not based on individuals' merits.

I think all development of this product should pretty much always lay in Mike and Kiers hands, with only other staff bought in for support / admin duties. The moment you get to many fingers in the pie, is the same moment stupid things begin happening.

I think Mike and Kier have both proven their abilities for programming, design, GUI, etc, quite sufficiently. The product is slowly, yet progressively coming along without rushed decisions to push it out the door. Quality is best keep within the least hands possible IMHO.

No doubt XenForo will grow to become a heavyweight champ. Kier and Mike simply won't be able to handle all of it developmentwise and supportwise. Jerry left vB so abruptly. Maybe he is heading here. :)

Can't believe I forgot to include Brian from vBadvanced in the list. Shame on me.:oops:

Its only healthy conversation, obviously nobody here makes their decisions for them. They are a focus being the devs of xenforo, so people are going to naturally now talk about them. I actually think it hasn't stopped in all honesty since they left VB... the chatter has been rife ever since about their plans to go into their own business and development.

Hey, I am on the list. What did I do? That's a hit-list isn't it?

Personally I think Freddie and Jake will be a great addition to the team.

And almost everybody else I see mentioned are great people, but I feel they're just being mentioned because people know them and/or just want their mods to be made for XF.

What positions did Andy Huang, Colin Frei and Michael Biddle hold at vb.com?

I was in too many shoes: International distributor (vB China), Support (Jelsoft & vB China), Bug fixer (Jelsoft), and Developer (Jelsoft & IB).

Now (for the most part) I'm just wasting my money doing my M. Sc. and trolling the series of tubes :)

Everybody on the list are great people, but especially considering that Mike and Kier have worked with most of them in the past, I don't really see the point of posting such a hit list here.

I'm sure they will know best whom to hire and when to hire them.

Last but not least ... a huge dev team doesn't necessarily pay off ... just look at IB/vB4.

I am sure Kier/Mike won't just take on people because they're available or because they know them, etc.
They will fill the gaps where needed in order to uphold development, growth of company (products/services, sales/support) and guarantee quality and long-term. This can be completely new developers from the PHP world, Apple site dev team, or someone they have already worked with.

Thankfully it's not up to us :)

Top Bottom