• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[DragonByte] xFShout [AJAX]

Exellent work Belazor. Looking forward to see the future implementations. I've been using your hack on my vb board for while and it's one of my favorite. Thanks again for bringing it to XenForo.

Installed and uninstalled. Using experience is not as good as stated. I found noway to set premissions and creating instance. The most important thing preventing me from using it is xFshout can only shout English.

Installed and uninstalled. Using experience is not as good as stated. I found noway to set premissions and creating instance.
Applications -> [DBTech] xFShout -> Manage Instances :)
The most important thing preventing me from using it is xFshout can only shout English.
That's really weird, because I'm able to use all kinds of special characters on all my testing environments.

Suggestion for Future development: Add an "Idle" time (changeable in settings), so that it's not always constantly refreshing even if the user isn't using it.

A couple of questions...
  1. Where on the forum does the shoutbox sit?
  2. Is it just for forumhome, or all pages?
If you put the <!--XFSHOUT.x--> (replace x for your instance) in the Page_Container template, right above <!--main template-->, it will exist in all pages without ruining the layout (this was the best place, I've found to place it at least)

And just because I like spamming these forums lol:

What's the difference between:
/notice
/setnotice
/sticky
/setsticky

The txt file says they all do the same thing, if so, then why have all the redundancy?

Also, since you can ban a person, is that a global ban or is it per Instance? And will there be a place to view those who were banned in later versions?

And just because I like spamming these forums lol:

What's the difference between:
/notice
/setnotice
/sticky
/setsticky

The txt file says they all do the same thing, if so, then why have all the redundancy?
Because some people like to refer to it as a notice, and some as a sticky. We're inclusive ;)

Also, since you can ban a person, is that a global ban or is it per Instance? And will there be a place to view those who were banned in later versions?
It's a global ban, because in most cases people who are big enough jerks to deserve a ban also deserve it in other instances without forcing a moderator to ban him in 9001 instances xD

There will be a ban list, yeah :)

It needs its own tab... putting them at the top or bottom of node tree's is so last decade and clutters design.

Great start on this, and will keep my eye on it also. Looking forward to seeing where it goes as your talking about a full chat room / shout solution in one, which would be great for my forums.

Applications -> [DBTech] xFShout -> Manage Instances :)
That's really weird, because I'm able to use all kinds of special characters on all my testing environments.
Nothtine weird. Even VB4 cannot handle Chinese.

When I shout Chinese, it return an error message. When I shout English, its OK.

I just installed it. When I try to change the settings I'm getting this error:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect string value: '\xC4\xB1' for column 'title' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
   2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
   3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 604
   4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1516
   5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1485
   6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
   7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in DBTech/xFShout/DataWriter/Instance.php at line 197
   8. DBTech_xFShout_DataWriter_Instance->save() in DBTech/xFShout/ControllerAdmin/Instance.php at line 129
   9. DBTech_xFShout_ControllerAdmin_Instance->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/...../public_html/admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom