Lack of interest Draft on Edit

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

swiftyste

Just to be clear on what i'm suggesting: Drafts should be supported on editing threads, comments & messages.

This would be an amazing and much needed feature to limit them oops moments, we have all had one and makes matters worse when editing articles are thrown into the mix. This doesn't need to be in the way and can be hidden away but knowing what your editing is saved it puts all minds at rest, even an extra protection just like a warning prompt if navigating away like this:

There needs to be something there in place as a safety barrier.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's no need to warn since it is saved every 3 seconds. What is the warning for? If you nav away it is not lost.

You would lose the edited content but not the original content.

How extensive are the edits you are making?

Typically post content is not changed that much from the original, after being posted.

How extensive are the edits you are making?

Typically post content is not changed that much from the original, after being posted.
Updating an older thread with code etc or even changing mega thread etc.

very extensive even now articles are now around.

Yes i will give you that one but it's there anyways just like for comments, if anything you really don't need drafts for comments since the big fish is in the thread.

Not exactly edit history normally is there for admins moderators and most people like my self and your self's hide this from members, members are not protected from this in anyway and mostly don't even know this is even a thing.

Last edited: