• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented Download Manager

ArnyVee

I agree that this should be a feature (even if it's an add-on) available on XenForo.

Also, the ability to 'start a thread' with the information that a new file is available. :D

Max

I have a vB forum with Downloads II plugin installed and large amount of entries linking external files and internal file uplaods.

Looking for an alternative in xF with better features and importer is a MUST from vB's Downlaods II.
Without it i can't move to xF, Downloads II is one of the most installed/top voted mod in vB.org so hope you guys will implement it very soon.

Thanks.

TrixieTang

I do think that they should make an official downloads add-on, but I think that add-ons like a CMS and gallery will and should be higher priority.

Max

Thanks for your reply guys, anyway you will see the clear demand when someone trying to make the move decision to xF.
Anyway official or not i think the mod is a must.

Alfa1

We at DBTech will be looking to make this as a mod as soon as is possible, along with a number of other mods replicating the functionality of some of our popular vB mods (vbshout, activity&awards, vbcredits etc). Just waiting on a beta ^.^
Thats very nice to read. I hope it will be advanced as LDM. Downloads II doesnt suit my needs.

We at DBTech will be looking to make this as a mod as soon as is possible, along with a number of other mods replicating the functionality of some of our popular vB mods (vbshout, activity&awards, vbcredits etc). Just waiting on a beta ^.^
:eek: :D :D :D d(@.@)b

Having some sort of download system is a must for the forum I am going to build. I think it should be in the form of a hack though, not a standard feature.

Mr_Bob

I'd say keep it as a mod and leave the mod writer to write an importer for it. Unless it were coupled with a CMS system, I don't see it as having an immediate need for the majority.

steven s

I need downloads and was planning on keeping vB3 running along with xF.
I'd simply close the forums and keep whatever mods I need open.