Download link

Opus X

Affected version
2.3 beta
in the old version of the download package you were shown to download for local files and go go download for files hosted on remote site.
it seems now that go go download is used for download direct. on the other site i visit that has this program installed it uses download and go to download if it is on another site.
this could be confusing whether it is local or remote.

downloadfile.webp

If I'm following correctly, the behaviour hasn't changed. It just depends on the type of URL a resource author uses.

If it is a locally hosted file, the button will read "Download".

If it is externally hosted it will read "Go to download".

What may be causing confusion is when the external download URL is actually the direct link to a file rather than an actual website URL.

In that case it will download instantly, the same way a locally hosted download would be.

If I've misunderstood, please provide some specific examples and I'll verify.

If I'm following correctly, the behaviour hasn't changed. It just depends on the type of URL a resource author uses.

If it is a locally hosted file, the button will read "Download".

If it is externally hosted it will read "Go to download".

What may be causing confusion is when the external download URL is actually the direct link to a file rather than an actual website URL.

In that case it will download instantly, the same way a locally hosted download would be.

If I've misunderstood, please provide some specific examples and I'll verify.
that latter is probably the issue as i just viewed another resource that apparently was uploaded here instead.
is there any way a warning can be issued with the external hosted direct files to warn the user they are downloading from an outside source?
now that i know what to look for i can be aware of that but normal users may not and some do not like downloading from other sites without knowing that they are not getting a file from the site itself.

Top Bottom