Duplicate Download Limit Needed

• Thread starter Thread starter Nelson T.
  • Start date Start date
N

Nelson T.

So someone comes on your site, joins, and downloads 100 files a day for a week, two weeks, a month, until they have used up most of your allocated bandwidth.

Without some quota system on RM, there is no way to prevent this.
There needs to be a download limit of X amount of Kb or Mb per day per group.

I beg you guys to consider this. VB has download limits per group. The resource manager should also. When our site was on VB, I had 5 users come on, before I mastered the settings, and they literally burned through the metered bandwidth for an entire month in 2 weeks, and I had to pay for extra.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not a downloads addon.
It's a Manager of Resources for Xenforo.com

I don't know what that means. As a resource manager, it should manage the amount of Resources a user can access at once. Otherwise, as I said, users can access too many resources and expend too much bandwidth.

There, I used different words. Happy? I'm not interested in playing semantic games with you.

Does this do what you want ?
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/rm-usergroup-download-permissions.1719/
... probably not ... it restricts categories to permissions.

Erm... No, it doesn't do it. But, then you knew that. Lol.

The idea is to let users in the new user group download/access 5 mb per day of pdf files, members in the active user group 10mb per day, users in the donor group 15 mb per day, moderators and admins unlimited. That way no one gets too much and eats up all the bandwidth.

It's an excellent idea.
Talk to Waindigo
It wont likely ever make it into the Core of the RM.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom