1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubleforum.com - The place for world soccer talk

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by emmy, Jul 17, 2014.

1. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello folks

We're new to XF - license purchased back in May and site was launched in May 31st.
    http://www.doubleforum.com is a site where you can talk about world soccer such English Premier Leagues Championships, U.S soccer, just anything related to soccer :)

Check it out and any advise will be appreciated

Thank you
  2. dawg

dawg Well-Known Member

I like it. Very simple easy to navigate and you have your forums right in front. Good job.
    emmy likes this.
  3. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thank you boss:)
  4. ggace

ggace Active Member

Only feedback so far is "get those forums filled!" Empty content is never received well by new members. Get SOMETHING in there be it rules, questions, games, etc.
    emmy likes this.
  5. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

You have too many forums. Try to start with less forums, some of these I don't even understand what they mean. For example you have something like 15 forums just for classifieds (!)

Also you have something like 15 off topic forums, it's not a good idea for a new forum to have 15 sections that are not related to its subject, I would remove these completely.
    Robby and emmy like this.
  6. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thank you @Dakis . Took your advice and everything has been reduced. You can view again?:)
  7. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thnx - working on it buddy. Just two months old forum:)
  8. Dakis

Dakis Well-Known Member

I would reduce everything to just 1 forum per country, instead of having several forums for each category, for each team, etc.
    emmy likes this.
  9. emmy

emmy Active Member

@Dakis you're absolutely right. Changed all now. Now i need to fill the categories with topics:)
  10. farmglitch

farmglitch Active Member

I love that you call it soccer!! : ) nice forum i just registered.
    emmy likes this.
  11. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks for joining - See you soon!
  12. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Soccer? It is friendly for those who use football? ;)
    emmy likes this.
  13. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello folks,

We just re-branded to a new local club in Washington DC USA instead of football in general. This is a local club among the MLS teams i grew up with while i was living in the eastern coast of the states. Initially, the site was about general football discussion. We changed our domain name, style, and other funky twist around on the new Adara style from @Russ - I really want to give thanks to @oman , @thejackarmy and of course @AndyB who helped in one way or the others. Thank you. I really appreciate all your efforts. Also, I want to give thanks to those that ignored me too - because we all learn everyday as we're here to learn:) I know I have been a pain in the xxx for some folks here too - Bless God for all.
    Hopefully, we will kick off well from here while we expect more users/growth:)

check it out https://www.dcunitedforum.com

I will appreciate any advise or critiques - Thank you
    MattW and oman like this.
  14. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words, emmy.

I wish you the best of success.
    emmy likes this.
  15. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

Great forum name and a good step to focus on one club.

What I don't understand is that the frontpage is filled with news about other football clubs and not a single article about DC United.

Why not just stick to DC United only as that the topic of your site now :)

Design looks great (y)
    emmy likes this.
  16. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks for your feedback. Well appreciated!
  17. tajhay

tajhay Well-Known Member

Nice work! Good to see another sports forum on here.
    emmy likes this.
  18. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thank you. Here is the new look for default style

19. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thank you. We have new style customized by @thejackarmy . I hope the users will like it:)

20. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Go KC Sporting! :)
    emmy likes this.