Double traffic drop after moving from vB 3.8

Losing the archive links create a huge impact in terms of SEO for VB fourms. It can take up to a year to pick up these threads again, so people who are migrating should really do their homework in terms of redirect scripts.
Seems that your post was the key for my issue. Traffic came back with adding redirection scripts for archive links. It took about 5 months.
Thank you very much!

Glad to hear traffic has returned. As a suggestion, you might want to tackle and no-index your thin content.

These pages specifically can get your site hit by Panda.

Glad to hear traffic has returned. As a suggestion, you might want to tackle and no-index your thin content.

These pages specifically can get your site hit by Panda.
Do you mean members pages?
I also suggest you to put into your categories, forums and threads the words that corresponds with your subject's major queries. Cause they work like headers. At least it works for russian part :)
For example, if your major queries is motorcycle and triumph, then you have to use these words.
Also these words should be added to your boards name.

Last edited:
Do you mean members pages?
I also suggest you to put into your categories, forums and threads the words that corresponds with your subject's major queries. Cause they work like headers. At least it works for russian part :)
For example, if your major queries is motorcycle and triumph, then you have to use these words.
Also these words should be added to your boards name.

No, but those too should be no-indexed. I'm referring to the image pages. Those are text-book thin content.

No, but those too should be no-indexed. I'm referring to the image pages. Those are text-book thin content.
If you mean galleries I agree. I don't use them. But images overall could also be useful, cause you can put your domain name there.

Top Bottom