Dormant Users

akia

How are people managing dormant users?

I've been deleting them after a year but this most proberly isn't a good way, but I can't think of any others. I don't want emails being sent out to users that havn't logged in for over a year.

I know with VB I used to use a dormant users add on but I don't think the same thing exisits for XF.

Also, it it possible to display a different user notice than the standard one, I'd like to be able to explan to members on the off chance why they need to reconfirm there email address.

Edit the phrase: your_account_is_currently_awaiting_confirmation_confirmation_sent_to_x

Edit the phrase: your_account_is_currently_awaiting_confirmation_confirmation_sent_to_x
Yea, I've thought that but it also shows to new registrations that haven't confirmed there email yet. so might be a little confusing. I suppose I'll have to try and write something that meets both instances.

Coming from someone that came back from a 8 month hiatus, finding my user account deleted, I was a sad panda :(

I always feel if someone took the time to post at least 1 message, give theme the respect; though, I can understand your frustration with email servicing. XF's usergroup settings are pretty powerful, think that's a good place to look into.

Its the emails being sent out thats the problem for me. I've got various newsletters etc that are sent out automatically

Change the program that sends out emails so that it won't send an email if the user has not logged in over a year.

Top Bottom