Donations for Shawns coffee pot...

Also... besides the obvious change to XenForo, there was a ton of backend changes that I just decided to do a the same time...

We went from PHP 5.3.x + Apache 2.2.x to PHP 5.4.x +Nginx 1.3.x during the same downtime window. We also went SSL only (before SSL wasn't even an option), and we are utilizing the SPDY protocol patch for Nginx so if you are using a supported browser (Firefox, Chrome or Opera) you are actually using SPDY underneath it all. SPDY was one of the major reasons we went SSL only (SPDY normally only works over SSL).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPDY

SPDY is one reason that sites like Google and Twitter seem faster when using certain browsers.

Image%202013.01.20%209:16:07%20PM.png

Can I go to bed now? I haven't actually gotten to sleep since Friday.

If you want to see what users can do with third party linked accounts, here's an example of what you can do with your linked AdSense and Google Analytics accounts. Site and domain sellers can choose to show the charts which are generated live by pulling data from the respective APIs (just using this as an example because the seller is posting in this thread... hehe)...

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...argest-mario-kart-forum-in-the-world.2626563/

On topic: That looks great, great job

Off Topic: Don't sure which is funnier.. It's Bama or that he wants 45k for a under 1k/mo revenue site. By the time of the return at that rate Wii will be Wii3.

4 years of revenue isn't outrageous imo... especially when a buyer will probably monetize it more.

Agree to an extent based on niche. If it was Overall Mario Carts I would agree, but 4 year investment, even 3 year on one console is risky imo. As I said, 4 years from now will see Wii3 if it is even still branded as Wii based on how often Nintendo changes branding.

Agree to an extent based on niche. If it was Overall Mario Carts I would agree, but 4 year investment, even 3 year on one console is risky imo. As I said, 4 years from now will see Wii3 if it is even still branded as Wii based on how often Nintendo changes branding.

Mario Karti Wii U is slated to come out soon. The original Wii came out in 2006. A full 6 years went by before the Wii U. Consoles are not seeing the update rates that they used too. Furthermore, this isn't some Call of Duty game where every year its replaced by another. The Mario Kart Wii U game will last just as long as the current one has. We already rank first page for Mario Kart Wii U as well.

That is just adsense revenue as well. The sites total income is over $1,000 a month average with December almost $1,600.

Mario Karti Wii U is slated to come out soon. The Mario Kart Wii U game will last just as long as the current one has.

Citation on Nintendo's release announcement?

My son is a cart nut and we haven't bought U yet based on most news sites stating the same..

"With high profile titles, something always leaks, whether it’s a piece of info from the PR team, or a slip of the tongue by a Nintendo rep. But when it comes to Mario Kart and Metroid Wii U, we haven’t heard or seen anything. Which leads us to believe that both games are either still not in development, or very early in development."

MKW wasn't released until 2008. While there have been no official announcements, it is one of their flagship games. I had a quote from the Nintendo President stating that they planned the release of it but now I can't find it. I will keep looking for it.

We have turned down one offer of $25,000 already and I am currently talking with someone very interested in it. Hope to have it sold soon.

I was curious about the SPDY patch for nginx, thinking about using it with a couple of my sites, but I was hoping it just didn't add one more cache type or point of failure that I always have to maintain.

If you don't mind, do you have any other best practices for SPDY and nginx with xF?
http://dev.chromium.org/spdy/spdy-best-practices
Not really... Haven't had any problems/issues with it whatsoever. It just sort of magically works with very little effort. The main thing is your site needs to be SSL... Beyond that you literally just add "spdy" to the Nginx config.

Top Bottom