Resource icon

Donation option for Account Upgrades

Dion Sune Jensen

Dion Sune Jensen submitted a new resource:

Donation option for Account Upgrades (version 1.0) - Make an account upgrade work as a donation option

Important Note: since it checks for the upgrade title, all edits here expect the upgrade title for the donation upgrade to be "Donation", if you use anything else, make sure to make the appropriate edits

Template: account_upgrades

Find:
HTML:
<div class="cost">{$upgrade.costPhrase}</div>

Replace with:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$upgrade.title} != 'Donation'"><div class="cost">{$upgrade.costPhrase}</div></xen:if>

Find:
HTML:
<input...

Read more about this resource...

Yes sorry. It was on my end, even though I searched through it several times it still seems i missed something. I just re installed it all and it works fine. Thanks :D

By chance would you know the templates to edit for changing "Account Upgrades" to Donate, and the "purchase" text in the buttons to Donate? I can probably find it myself, if I do, I'll provide the info here to help others.

By chance would you know the templates to edit for changing "Account Upgrades" to Donate, and the "purchase" text in the buttons to Donate? I can probably find it myself, if I do, I'll provide the info here to help others.
You could search the phrases and change them instead of using template edits, that way it would be changed all places where it would be referenced by the system

When someone donates in this upgrade, it puts it in active upgrades section below with no input to donate.

eFXzgz6.png

When someone donates in this upgrade, it puts it in active upgrades section below with no input to donate.
That is sadly how XenForo works, it has no option to make upgrades be purchased multiple times, the closest thing you can do is to set the duration to the shorted amount of time.
It is annoying to be sure, but I've sadly not found a solution for this short of someone developing an addon for it.

Multiple upgrades are available with the following add-on but unfortunately Dion's template modification won't work with that add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-upgrades-by-waindigo.861/

I'll see if I can find a way to make it work.
Indeed, that addon is the best solution to the repeat-buy problem mentioned.
As for the template modifications, I did try finding a solution, but the way it's coded to handle multiple payment gateways, prevents template access to the fields. Though it should be possible to target them regardless if I used css+js, but I dislike that solution (I did get it working at one point, but I hate having to use javascript to modify stuff permanently)

Top Bottom