1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained Donation option for Account Upgrades

Make an account upgrade work as a donation option

1. Dion Sune Jensen

Dion Sune Jensen Active Member

Dion Sune Jensen submitted a new resource:

Donation option for Account Upgrades (version 1.0) - Make an account upgrade work as a donation option

Read more about this resource...

2. Dion Sune Jensen

3. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

This looks interesting. Thanks for the share.

J.

4. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

Sadly it does not work for me. Followed everything correctly.

5. Dion Sune Jensen

I'll run through it once more this weekend as I'll be helping a friend get their forum up and running, should I find any errors in my instructions, I'll post an update for it

6. Dion Sune Jensen

I've just done it on a fresh 1.1.3 install and it works just fine following the steps explained

7. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

Yes sorry. It was on my end, even though I searched through it several times it still seems i missed something. I just re installed it all and it works fine. Thanks :D

8. ineedhelp

ineedhelp Well-Known Member

I shall be trying this tomorrow! Thanks.

9. Thronk

Thronk Member

I've applied this and the html option you provided for upgrades, all is working well, Thank you!

10. Dion Sune Jensen

Glad I could help :)

11. Thronk

Thronk Member

By chance would you know the templates to edit for changing "Account Upgrades" to Donate, and the "purchase" text in the buttons to Donate? I can probably find it myself, if I do, I'll provide the info here to help others.

12. Dion Sune Jensen

You could search the phrases and change them instead of using template edits, that way it would be changed all places where it would be referenced by the system

13. Thronk

Thronk Member

Great! easy enough. Thanks again!

14. Thronk

Thronk Member

When someone donates in this upgrade, it puts it in active upgrades section below with no input to donate.

[​IMG]

15. Dion Sune Jensen

That is sadly how XenForo works, it has no option to make upgrades be purchased multiple times, the closest thing you can do is to set the duration to the shorted amount of time.
    It is annoying to be sure, but I've sadly not found a solution for this short of someone developing an addon for it.

16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

17. Dion Sune Jensen

Indeed, that addon is the best solution to the repeat-buy problem mentioned.
    As for the template modifications, I did try finding a solution, but the way it's coded to handle multiple payment gateways, prevents template access to the fields. Though it should be possible to target them regardless if I used css+js, but I dislike that solution (I did get it working at one point, but I hate having to use javascript to modify stuff permanently)

Jon W likes this.