Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Well I'm an admin but I didn't setup this forum, the donation manager works fine already and it's listed in the sidebar, I just want to rename the title of it.
Well if you don't have admin permissions for the donation manager you won't see the goal manager to be able to rename the goals.

I only use a Premier account, been using it for nearly 7+ years, so I wouldn't know.
The main difference is people can donate using credit cards/debit cards.

And, I believe, and this I need to know. You would be able to see who donated (with Premiere or Business but not with Personal). Again, I believe. Does anyone know for sure?

TY.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 2.59.40 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-08-25 at 2.59.40 PM.webp
    3.4 KB · Views: 17
Well if you don't have admin permissions for the donation manager you won't see the goal manager to be able to rename the goals.
I have admin perms for it and I can rename goals, etc., but what I'm looking to do is rename the title of the Donations block in the sidebar. It's currently using the built-in sidebar adding thing from within the Donations Manager options and it's set to "Top". I want to find out where I can go to rename the title of that block.

I have admin perms for it and I can rename goals, etc., but what I'm looking to do is rename the title of the Donations block in the sidebar. It's currently using the built-in sidebar adding thing from within the Donations Manager options and it's set to "Top". I want to find out where I can go to rename the title of that block.
It should be under Applications - Donation Goals - Display Goals.

I've just had a member donate. I then added a new goal and edited his donation to be against the new goal and ran the cron entry. The goal is still at $0 however if I list donations towards that goal, it shows the donation I changed to the goal. Another new donation made after the new goal was added, for that new goal correctly shows against the goal total but the one I changed to that goal doesn't.

Should the donate button disappear once the donation goal has been reached?

upload_2014-8-30_12-18-16.webp

P.S: You may want to add the xen:string nl2br to merc_goal_list template description, in order to support HTML tags in the donation goal list as well as in the goal specific list.

i.e.
Code:
<p class="description baseHtml">{$goal.description}</p>
should be changed to
Code:
<p class="description baseHtml">{xen:string nl2br, {xen:raw $goal.description}}</p>

Last edited:
I'd love to see if having a message sent to designated users everytime a donation was made could be implemented.

A wee bit frustrated with this add-on. A member made a donation to our forum, however it does not show up on the donation bar even though it is listed in the List Donations. Manually added, same thing, they do not move the donation bar one iota. Can someone please tell me how to make either regular or manual donations show up on this thing?

I could never get manual donations working for being properly allocated to a goal, nor could I get a donation moved to another one working correctly either. It's a rather expensive addon that works really well most of the time and is fantastic to have in my community, but I wish it was better supported.

Hey @Robbo , just wanted to point out that I discovered that bots apperantly like to donate as well and leave spammy links behind. They tend to create a serious log in the database, of all my 1557 entries, 1400 of them are from scrappers/spambots.merc_donation_transaction.webp

Hey @Robbo , just wanted to point out that I discovered that bots apperantly like to donate as well and leave spammy links behind. They tend to create a serious log in the database, of all my 1557 entries, 1400 of them are from scrappers/spambots.View attachment 83800

That's going to happen if you leave it open to guests. He would have to add support for captchas etc which will fail anyways.

The URLs shouldn't be showing anywhere public unless they actually donate and all of those are never going through.

Indeed, you can't even get to the donation areas on my site unless you have an active account, and good luck getting through the anti-spam system. There's absolutely no need to open donation area to guests.

OK interestingly enough, after turning OFF IPN in Paypal, user donations seem to update the progress bar and go on just fine with one small caveat - it's not deducting the paypal fees. Example: yesterday a member donated $20, and the progress bar says that $20 was donated, however what is actually in Paypal from that donation is $18.92. Does this add-on not subtract Paypal fees for an accurate total?

Could you add a button for Bitcoin donations? Just a button beside the paypal button that links to the wallet address and informs the member to PM x after deposit in order for their donation to be added to the list would suffice.

Top Bottom