Donation Add-on

JasonBrody

Hi Everyone :)

I need suggestion regarding the best Donation add-on for XF 2.1 :)
Let me know which suits you best & why , need to know before I purchase it/them 😊

TickTackk,
ya while searching I checked it along with Donate by ThemeHouse,
though DragonByte Donate is quite costlier including license duration (but i'd not mind to purchase) , but i want to know which one is feature-rich, most compatible & gives less error upon performing various actions , cause as of now I can only afford one add-on to go with - can't test both :)

There are a lot of addons:
- @truonglv
- @ThemeHouse
- @DragonByte Tech

You just need to choose 🙃

I personally would use none of those. The top two I would not feel comfortable with due to quality concerns. And DBT Donate lacks the functionality I would find useful. See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-donate-paid.119618/page-10#post-1250802
I'm using this below one, but it needs more functionality for donations:

Alfa1 You mean [AddonFlare] PAID Registrations has limited functions related to Donations, right ? Beside my forum doesn't require any paid membership kind of things, member's won't love to see it on the forum .

MMOStyles Just the multiple currency thing I need to check which is highlighted on Dragonbyte's add-on page, is the feature available too on the add-on by Themehouse ?

Beside my forum doesn't require any paid membership kind of things, member's won't love to see it on the forum .
Membership is free on my site. Yet, members can opt to purchase a 'Donating' membership, with several levels of donating. Its the interface that @AddonFlare 's addon has that makes it useful for donations. Its just easy to use for people. Even if they have not joined the site yet.

I personally would use none of those. The top two I would not feel comfortable with due to quality concerns. And DBT Donate lacks the functionality I would find useful. See: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/dbtech-dragonbyte-donate-paid.119618/page-10#post-1250802
I'm using this below one, but it needs more functionality for donations:

That's not really a donation addon though is it? It does look nice in any case.

I've been using TH Donations for a long time, it had its issues but is pretty stable now. For Donations it's fine and has some flexibility.

It looks nice and is intuitive. But indeed lacks some of the functions that are needed for donations. Many of which are also missing from the other available addons though. But @AddonFlare is very responsive to suggestions. I have just posted the first suggestion in regards to donation drives here:

Its good to know that TH Donations is stable now.

@Alfa1 seems I'll skip the paid registration (as $69/year is quite high for me now while having around 5 - 6 more addon to purchase) . .
May be later when I will need core membership on my board .

Alfa1 You mean [AddonFlare] PAID Registrations has limited functions related to Donations, right ? Beside my forum doesn't require any paid membership kind of things, member's won't love to see it on the forum .

MMOStyles Just the multiple currency thing I need to check which is highlighted on Dragonbyte's add-on page, is the feature available too on the add-on by Themehouse ?
Yep

just saying thanks to @Alfa1 for pointing this out.

this addon, while not directly for donations, still allows for your site to generate revenue. The big PLUS here is the easy to use interface for users. There's nothing that stops us from generating income than bad user experiences, so this seems to narrow that down and give readers the free and paid options.

looking into it more and if I can give my readers an ads free experience with any paid usergroup, then this is a huge win.

also, if anyone is available to give me some pointers on what to offer paid users, vs what to restrict free users to, that would be good.

first time diving into paid memberships, so want to get it right.

Top Bottom