Dogecoin

All these new currencies are a waste of time. The rises in price are based on speculation, not an actual increase of value. Bitcoin is eventually going to crash when the market adjusts for an actual value.

The problem with today's currency is that its fiat currency, it has no intrinsic value beyond what the government tells you its worth. Which is why they are subject to market velocity. These new digital currencies only solve the government control problem, it doesn't solve the fiat currency problem.

The advantage of solving the government problem is that the currency can follow austrian economics, instead of keynesian. Which means, without a government to inject funds, there can be no rapid inflation, and a "crash" can be seen as a "market correct", which is a good thing. The reason why so many government controlled currencies have so little value is because the government tries to stop crashes; when a crash is a good thing... its a correction to a mistake.

All these new currencies are a waste of time. The rises in price are based on speculation, not an actual increase of value. Bitcoin is eventually going to crash when the market adjusts for an actual value.

The problem with today's currency is that its fiat currency, it has no intrinsic value beyond what the government tells you its worth. Which is why they are subject to market velocity. These new digital currencies only solve the government control problem, it doesn't solve the fiat currency problem.

The advantage of solving the government problem is that the currency can follow austrian economics, instead of keynesian. Which means, without a government to inject funds, there can be no rapid inflation, and a "crash" can be seen as a "market correct", which is a good thing. The reason why so many government controlled currencies have so little value is because the government tries to stop crashes; when a crash is a good thing... its a correction to a mistake.
How is it a waste of time when you can trade TODAY for USD? You can calculate what your actual profit will be before purchasing GPUs, then if it crashes you can sell your used GPUs on eBay. It sounds like you don't know as much about cryptocurrency mining as you think you do. There are guys making a ****ton of money daily doing this right now.

I'm interested in the idea of BitCoin & the other digital currencies, but I can't help but feel Dogecoin is... ridiculous. At a certain point, won't people stop trading other currencies (whether it be USD or other digital currency, like BitCoin) or goods (some online stores are accepting bitcoin now) for it?

I'm very new & very uninformed to the subject though, so feel fee to correct me?

I'm interested in the idea of BitCoin & the other digital currencies, but I can't help but feel Dogecoin is... ridiculous. At a certain point, won't people stop trading other currencies (whether it be USD or other digital currency, like BitCoin) or goods (some online stores are accepting bitcoin now) for it?
Do you have $100 to waste? Invest it into *coin.
Run away with a profit, don't wait for too long. Smile.
Were you late with that run? Lost only $100, no reason to cry.

Do you have $100 to waste? Invest it into *coin.
Run away with a profit, don't wait for too long. Smile.
Were you late with that run? Lost only $100, no reason to cry.
I understand that; it's basically like playing the stock market--you put in a certain amount of money in hopes that you can sell for more than you paid (selling for other types of currencies or for goods & services). But I can't help but wonder at the people who own a lot of dogecoin right now -- if it were me, I'd trade it the moment I could make some sort of a profit, in fears that such a ridiculous currency will fall out of vogue soon. Of course, I'm a poor college student, so I'm probably more cautious with my money than some others. Bitcoin is at least a serious option that will outlast dogecoin, in my eyes.

Of course, I'm a poor college student, so I'm probably more cautious with my money than some others.
Wise.
Bitcoin is at least a serious option that will outlast dogecoin, in my eyes.
There were wonderful pyramid schemes with huge profits for some.
The only coins made for the public to keep their values were made from gold and silver.
They disappeared from public use, only collectors have them.

I understand that; it's basically like playing the stock market--you put in a certain amount of money in hopes that you can sell for more than you paid (selling for other types of currencies or for goods & services). But I can't help but wonder at the people who own a lot of dogecoin right now -- if it were me, I'd trade it the moment I could make some sort of a profit, in fears that such a ridiculous currency will fall out of vogue soon. Of course, I'm a poor college student, so I'm probably more cautious with my money than some others. Bitcoin is at least a serious option that will outlast dogecoin, in my eyes.
Maybe not, Dogecoin has a very active and enthusiastic community behind it on Reddit, and has made the news for lots of charitable events like sending 2 teams to the Olympics... Goodwill can bring a lot of new users aboard!

At this point no one can say which coins will be the most popular ones. But you can be sure that this new technology will most likely stay around and it will open up a whole series of new possibilities.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

The value of this isn't set to a real value because Bitcoins like standardized currency have no intrinsic value, as you've mentioned, because more can just be.. made. The difference with a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or Dogecoin is that they have an inherent process to their creation that helps to mediate their delivery into the market. Rather than the government simply stating that the money is worth x amount and that they will only make x amount of it to keep things thin, these currencies are derived by and divided up between the users.

While I don't understand many of the deeper intricacies of cryptocurrency I know there are methods in place to give it a more natural value than standard paper and coin cash.

I think it's really interesting to see us not only moving to a digital currency, but a decentralized one. Whoo technology!

It could not only help as a tipping feature but also for community games where the winners receive coins. There are so many new possibilities and the communities which incorporate such addons will gain value.

It could not only help as a tipping feature but also for community games where the winners receive coins. There are so many new possibilities and the communities which incorporate such addons will gain value.
I have asked for a tip bot to be ported to xenforo but no one has taken me up on it. The software is already out there and open source. It works on reddit, imgur, facebook and twitter already!

I have asked for a tip bot to be ported to xenforo but no one has taken me up on it. The software is already out there and open source. It works on reddit, imgur, facebook and twitter already!

I also believe there is something similar on git.

Top Bottom