XF 1.4 Doesnt Send Activation Mails

bcercan

Hello,

Users couldn't get activation mails and when I check I saw that my site was on blacklist so I've changed my IP address by contacting my host to solve this and now it's not on blacklist.

But some users still can't get activation mails or password reset mails. What's wrong?

All I got that resource I've ticked that -f parameters thing and everything else is fine.

I've never heard that users get emails from my forum to their spam folders. Mails always going as normal to all users but some users can't get any mail for activate their accounts or password reset mails as I said on thread.

If some members are getting emails then everything is working in your installation.

The emails which aren't being received are being spam trapped.

If these users are on hotmail (and possibly yahoo) then it's because your mail server doesn't have a high enough reputation with them to go straight through typically. Especially if you have not set up SPF and are not using DKIM.

If these users are on hotmail (and possibly yahoo) then it's because your mail server doesn't have a high enough reputation with them to go straight through typically. Especially if you have not set up SPF and are not using DKIM.
This includes Gmail also. Not especially for hotmail or yahoo. So how do I solve this?

SPF is something that is not internal to XenForo. It is controlled via DNS entry.
DKIM is an add-on for the MTA that is used on the server.
If you are on a shared hosting environment using cPanel, the host should have set up cPanel for creating your DNS SPF entry. Not all hosts use DKIM setup on a shared environment, so if you are on shared, this may not be an option for you.

If you aren't using cPanel on it, then you need to configure your SPF. A wizard can be found here.
OpenDKIM can be a little more complicated. A guide for it on Debian can be found here. I haven't done one yet for CentOS... but the basic configuration is the same, just the installation is different.

I was sick of site emails landing in spam almost always - really had a huge impact on registrations, especially from hotmail / yahoo users.

Anyway, I got round to setting up SPF and DKIM and DMARC on my server using postfix
I'm now finally getting a 10/10 score for outbound emails from the site, and those i send from google apps email now! It was hard work, took me days and much frustration but all worth it.

Check your site's outbound emails are ok....
https://www.mail-tester.com/

I just set up a test user with the email address that site tells me..... then just use the admin->users->send email option
Each time you want to run a new test, just edit the email address of the test user you created.

I shall try and help if you get stuck, but no promises as I'm fairly busy right now.

Top Bottom