Does XenForo support sticky threads?

totally agree. sticky threads are not sticky enough.... they need to be more sticky
Read Kier's post in this thread. Stickies just need to 'stick' other than that they do not need to look any different than other threads if you want them to be treated the same (i.e. read).

Separators, different background colors, it's all nonsense. Not that my reply is going to make any difference, people are too stubborn regarding this.

Disagree completely, stickies on our site contain useful information and making them stand out a bit more (I'm not talking a flashing red background here or anything) has definitely helped their visibility and hence usefulness to our members.

I dare say members will get used to just having the sticky pin (I have put a little separator between them and the threads to help) but it would be nice to be able to colourise them.

Read Kier's post in this thread. Stickies just need to 'stick' other than that they do not need to look any different than other threads if you want them to be treated the same (i.e. read).

Separators, different background colors, it's all nonsense. Not that my reply is going to make any difference, people are too stubborn regarding this.

i did... thanks for the summary...

Disagree completely, stickies on our site contain useful information and making them stand out a bit more (I'm not talking a flashing red background here or anything) has definitely helped their visibility and hence usefulness to our members.

I dare say members will get used to just having the sticky pin (I have put a little separator between them and the threads to help) but it would be nice to be able to colourise them.

I agree. I use sticky threads mainly to highlight upcoming events and important meetings... I don't want those posts to blend in with the rest.... I want them to stick out of the pack.... I don’t' care how it's implemented (sticky icon, separator, light color) as long as it's obvious.... right now, in my humble opinion, they are not.

Edit the templates and you can make them look like whatever you want. :)

Yeah I know, if I could figure out the class to edit I would, but haven't been able to find it yet.
Just look at the source and use the Firebug Firefox extension. :) The class is 'sticky', placed on the <li> element. :)

Code:
.discussionListItems li.sticky {
should target it properly. :)

You may be wondering why you hadn't noticed the sticky thread in this forum.

That is the entire point. If sticky threads are highlighted obviously, users suffer from 'sticky blindness' where they start reading the thread list from underneath the stickies, as they assume they have already seen whatever is stuck there.

If you want your users to actually read your stickies, they should look basically identical to normal threads.

Haha I noticed this on my own forum just now. I started reading the list of topics and read the sticky title, something I haven't done in a long time. So I agree with Kier on this one.

Yeah, already tried looking in the discussion_list css file for it, but couldn't seem to find it. Got me buggered where it could be, pity can't search contents of css files and templates.

Top Bottom