Does Xenforo have a UserGroup like function?

SFP Touch

Hello does xenforo have a UserGroup function where members can request to join them and where moderators/admins over those groups can accept or deny them? I am currently on Vb 4.2.5 and am looking to switch for a better skinned site. Any information would be great!!!

Not out of the box.

But these Add-ons might do what you want:

Not out of the box.

But these Add-ons might do what you want:
awesome. I have not purchased yet but we just want to make sure we have this ability for our website. Can i add plugins for the free demo?

XF ought to have this feature in the core, though. If you agree, please make sure to upvote my suggestion:

A little more than what you're actually asking for, but just to put it on your radar:

You can also block forum nodes with this add-on which works like joinable groups in reverse. Instead of asking to join a group to see a node, you see all nodes and ignore what you do not want to see. Works very well if you have politics etc. You can even ignore threads with this. Just FYI, not sure of your use case.

You mean upvote. ;)
Which brings up another point: many people will probably like/react to suggestions out of habit, either not noticing or ignoring the vote buttons. So should we have per node/per thread permissions to disable reactions, forcing members to vote if they want any kind of input besides replying to the threads? I'll take pity on the devs, though, and won't be the one to suggest it. ;)

That pretty much pertains to this site only and should not impact your own users so after a period of adjustment here it should be fine.

I may want to Like an answer but not upvote it. I may only want to upvote the one I feel is best. There are scenarios where both work.

So should we have per node/per thread permissions to disable reactions, forcing members to vote if they want any kind of input besides replying to the threads? I'll take pity on the devs, though, and won't be the one to suggest it.
It's not that horrible of a suggestion tho. I wouldn't use it but I could see this setting in Question and Suggestion (first post only) forums: Reactions enabled Yes/No.

That pretty much pertains to this site only and should not impact your own users so after a period of adjustment here it should be fine.

I may want to Like an answer but not upvote it. I may only want to upvote the one I feel is best. There are scenarios where both work.
In my own personal experience, using an addon, I've found that most people don't bother to vote, and I don't have any faith they'll start now, regardless of whether or not they can also react. So I really have no personal investment in it either way. I was just thinking of the rest of you. :)

Top Bottom