Does XenForo has referal link?

Regina Ortega

Hello, does xenforo has referal link to invite other friends?

i want to do something like this:

XenForo Forums Referrals (0)
collapse_40b.png

Please help us spread the word about "XenForo Forums." When referring others to the community you can use the link below which includes your own unique referral ID. You will be credited for any referrals brought by using the link.

Each time someone follows this link to XenForo Forums and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The total number of referrals you currently have can always be viewed at the top of this box (next to XenForo Forums Referrals) as well as in your Profile.

Please be courteous when promoting XenForo Forums by not spamming other web sites and/or email addresses with your referral link just to gain referrals, as this will most likely not bring many referrals and may create acrimony, rather than goodwill, towards the site.

Referral Link for Regina Ortega
http://xenforo/community/forums/forum.php?referrerid=2000

I have always wondered why too. it's a great way to track who got who to register.

I know someone did an invite system and I always wised those that did added support for such a thing. I think I may have a crack at it.

I believe the OP wants a referral system for here on xenforo.com.
The suggestion thread above is for it to be built in to the software.

Hello, does xenforo has referal link to invite other friends?

i want to do something like this:

XenForo Forums Referrals (0)
collapse_40b.png

Please help us spread the word about "XenForo Forums." When referring others to the community you can use the link below which includes your own unique referral ID. You will be credited for any referrals brought by using the link.

Each time someone follows this link to XenForo Forums and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The total number of referrals you currently have can always be viewed at the top of this box (next to XenForo Forums Referrals) as well as in your Profile.

Please be courteous when promoting XenForo Forums by not spamming other web sites and/or email addresses with your referral link just to gain referrals, as this will most likely not bring many referrals and may create acrimony, rather than goodwill, towards the site.

Referral Link for Regina Ortega
http://xenforo/community/forums/forum.php?referrerid=2000

There is an addon called Friend Inviter that will do this. It will allow you to invite friends using e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, and Google. I personally don't feel this should be an option built into the core software as very few people would actually use it. It is best left as an addon. The addon isn't that expensive and is very feature packed.

You could kind of do it with Google Analytics custom campaign parameters already. For example if you gave users this URL as a referral:

http://xenforo.com/community/?utm_source=digitalpoint&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=referrals

XenForo's Google Analytics would show campaign called "referrals" with the source being "digitalpoint". It wouldn't allow you (the referrer) to see stats, but it definitely would show up in their Analytics if they ever looked. ;)

I believe the OP wants a referral system for here on xenforo.com.
The suggestion thread above is for it to be built in to the software.
The only way to get it on here is to build it into the software, so I guess his suggestion somewhat depends on the one I linked to :D

Not necessarily.
XenForo Ltd. could have a separate referral program which is not based on the forum software.

Top Bottom