Does Xenforo has child themes?

ritesh

I am a WordPress user who is soon going to migrate his blog to Xenforo as a CMS. In WordPress, we have child themes for any kind of custom CSS, fonts, or snippets so that we don't lose changes when the parent theme or core is updated.

Does Xenforo have similar functionality?

Yes, that is possible.

However, in XF, the default style works in the same manner as it inherits from the master.

Outdated templates after upgrading can simply be merged.

Yes, that is possible.

However, in XF, the default style works in the same manner as it inherits from the master.

Outdated templates after upgrading can simply be merged.

Thanks for your response. I will be using a custom theme so what's the best way to use custom CSS or snippets without the fear of them being overwritten after the update?

What Kirby said. Wordpress themes are a pain as you can't easily work on a staging theme on a live site while having a different theme live to the public. XF is so much more powerful in that regard.

You can add, for example, a child style that only you (the admin) can see and play around with it on your live site until it looks the way you want. When it's ready you check a box to make it public. Super easy.

Thank you all for your responses. Xenforo really has a healthy community. I've never received such quick responses in open forums of any CMS :)

I was leery to provide to much information in the pre-sale area as it is generally frowned upon. But yes, it is similar to WordPress but worlds better. Exact process and helpful hints can be provided in the support forums, and as you have seen you usually get a reply from the community fairly quickly for simpler stuff, longer sometimes for the more complicated stuff.

Top Bottom