Does XenForo actually act on piracy reports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMCAs aren't just in the US, many countries abide by them, the UK being one too.
The DMCA is a US Copyright law, not a worldwide one. Do your research. There is a EU directive that is similar to the DMCA, but non-US hosts do not have to abide by the US DMCA. Most will, but by law they do not have to. The EU use the ECD - Electronic Commerce Directive - which incorporates some of the DMCA, but is it's own thing for EU countries.

The DMCA is a US Copyright law, not a worldwide one. Do your research. There is a EU directive that is similar to the DMCA, but non-US hosts do not have to abide by the US DMCA. Most will, but by law they do not have to. The EU use the ECD - Electronic Commerce Directive - which incorporates some of the DMCA, but is it's own thing for EU countries.
Did I ever say it was a worldwide law? Did I say it was exactly the same in every country?
No and no.

I said many countries abide by DMCA laws, which they do. Not that they all have DMCA laws.

Abiding and having are different things. "Do you research."...

Did I ever say it was a worldwide law? Did I say it was exactly the same in every country?
No and no.

I said many countries abide by DMCA laws, which they do. Not that they all have DMCA laws.

Abiding and having are different things. "Do you research."...
LOL, which brings us back to the initial statement - what exactly do you want them to do about it when not everyone complies with the DMCA.

Thank you for conceding the point I was making :p

Last edited:
LOL, which brings us back to the initial statement - what exactly do you want them to do about it when not everyone complies with the DMCA.

Thank you for conceding the point I was making :p
Are you unable to read?

I have repeatedly said, I am referring to websites that are hosting in either the United States, or hosts that do abide by DMCA...

I am amazed.

I am amazed.

You're also quite rude.

Are you unable to read?
I can read fine, thank you.
I have repeatedly said, I am referring to websites that are hosting in either the United States, or hosts that do abide by DMCA...
Abide being the key word there, which seems to be something you're not getting. Just because it's the law doesn't mean they will abide by it.

You're also quite rude.
Because you are repeatedly ignoring what I am saying, which is amazing me tbh.
I'll take it as a compliment I suppose.

I can read fine, thank you.
Questionable, evident from this thread.

Abide being the key word there, which seems to be something you're not getting. Just because it's the law doesn't mean they will abide by it.
I never said any host is forced to do anything, and when I did I was specifically referring the the US hosts....

Requesting a thread lock. This thread has been answered by @Brogan, even though he's then deleted his post :/

This thread is just going around in circles, so closing at this point. We do look at reports and consider the actions to take. I'd note that we do get a number of invalid reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom